Emirati ID card

Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:06 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Emirati ID card

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
Online is a bit of a pain, I suggest you get everything filled in at the post office, the Dh40 is worth it. then you can go and get the finger prints and photos done at the time.

Apparently, the big issue is that the authority handling this doesn't actually have enough machines to make the cards so there might be quite a delay in issue of cards, but don't quote me on that.
Sorry to return to this boring topic but I have tried the on-line application without any success, primarily because its much too slow. Have not even been able to see how the form looks. What sort of questions are they asking...other than the name of your grandfather (none in my case as an orphan)...and what is the alternative form-filling procedure at the Post Office? Presumably that will still require attendance at the ID office. Have not even seen the location details for these places other than being at Karama and Al Barsha, both somewhat vague. What supporting documentation will they require? Has anybody been though the application process and been given their card yet? Help!
Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

because of the problems with the form filling etc, our office has been trying to get them to come in to no avail for the last how many months they now have managed to get hold of the form so that you can fill that in and then they will send it back to the edia but you will still be required to go to an office and sort out the fingerprints etc. i would go and get it done at the post office for 40 dhs, think it will be less stressful in the long run.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by busybee2
because of the problems with the form filling etc, our office has been trying to get them to come in to no avail for the last how many months they now have managed to get hold of the form so that you can fill that in and then they will send it back to the edia but you will still be required to go to an office and sort out the fingerprints etc. i would go and get it done at the post office for 40 dhs, think it will be less stressful in the long run.
Have been told that the mandatory names to be given are; first name, middle name and mother's first name. The family surname presumably won't appear. In my case, will they want my birth mother or my adoptive mother? That's only the first "easy" section. What else will they want I wonder. Degree examination marks and attendance dates perhaps? Favourite author? Date virginity was lost? Oh...and what on earth is my "unified number" which I apparently need to speed up the registration process?
Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:23 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Sorry to return to this boring topic but I have tried the on-line application without any success, primarily because its much too slow. Have not even been able to see how the form looks. What sort of questions are they asking...other than the name of your grandfather (none in my case as an orphan)...and what is the alternative form-filling procedure at the Post Office? Presumably that will still require attendance at the ID office. Have not even seen the location details for these places other than being at Karama and Al Barsha, both somewhat vague. What supporting documentation will they require? Has anybody been though the application process and been given their card yet? Help!
..fill in the online application at night (say after 11 pm)...loads faster but still slow. Best with Internet Explorer or Safari, but Camino and Firefox throws up anomalies e.g., when you fill in birth date and place information, dropdown boxes for an Emirate and city may appear.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:26 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Have been told that the mandatory names to be given are; first name, middle name and mother's first name. The family surname presumably won't appear. In my case, will they want my birth mother or my adoptive mother? That's only the first "easy" section. What else will they want I wonder. Degree examination marks and attendance dates perhaps? Favourite author? Date virginity was lost? Oh...and what on earth is my "unified number" which I apparently need to speed up the registration process?
...if you want your name to appear properly put your first name in the First name box and your surname in the Middlename box. Your middle name can be put under the Other name box.

..I originally put my surname in the Family name box and put "NoMiddleName" in the middle name box..the resultant printed form had my name as "MacScot NoMiddleName" !!
Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:27 am
A bubbly-jock...

..unified number is for Emiratis you don't have one...so just put in a 0 (i.e., zero)
Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MacScot
...if you want your name to appear properly put your first name in the First name box and your surname in the Middlename box. Your middle name can be put under the Other name box.

..I originally put my surname in the Family name box and put "NoMiddleName" in the middle name box..the resultant printed form had my name as "MacScot NoMiddleName" !!
Thanks for the helpful tip. So what sorts of questions are likely to appear on the other sections? What original documents will they require?
Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:38 am
A bubbly-jock...

Thanks for the helpful tip. So what sorts of questions are likely to appear on the other sections? What original documents will they require?
Passport Number, date of issue, date of expiry, place of issue,
residency visa number

Addresses - most people have problems here as some suburbs are missing e.g., Dubai Marina ..so I put Al Sufouh 2 with the aim of correcting it when I visit Al Barsha.

University degrees - Title, subject and date of issue

Employment - job title - if not present put in nearest job description

When you reach the last page before printing the bar codes (which takes a few minutes to appear), use your browser print button to print the details of what you have put in, which will be on screen. Print it and then use a highlight pen and highlight the errors, usually suburbs and PO Box numbers, and take this with you as back up to correct errors.

Good luck...going out shopping now.

Last edited by MacScot; Nov 9th 2008 at 6:42 am.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:40 am
A bubbly-jock...

..on original documents...they say it is just your passport and residency visa...but I will take copies of my degrees just in case !
Old Nov 9th 2008, 7:26 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

sorry but i just cant be arsed even looking into this..

People who have been here a while should know better..

It will be extended well into next year. Why stress over a system that is not even set up...

look into it next year...
Old Nov 9th 2008, 7:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by commander

It will be extended well into next year. Why stress over a system that is not even set up...

The only problem with your brilliant idea is that next year the professionals in the queue will be joined by the zillions of construction workers, factory labourers and housemaids etc. so it may become even less enjoyable to register.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander

absolutely!
Old Nov 9th 2008, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

oooooh has the deadline been extended?
Old Nov 9th 2008, 11:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
oooooh has the deadline been extended?
No, just wishful thinking from those too idle to comply.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

No, just wishful thinking from those too idle to comply.
Oh poop!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.