Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Emirates M Class Economy Ticket

Emirates M Class Economy Ticket

Old May 9th 2009, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Duracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to all
Default Emirates M Class Economy Ticket

Hi folks.

I have a question regarding a ticket I have been issued. Maybe some of you have experienced this before.

I am flying from the UK to Saudi via Dubai and they have issued a M Class Economy class ticket which entitles me to a hotel stay in Dubai as the lay over is over 8 hours (got the vouchers).

What is the different between a normal Economy ticket and a M Class. I know its a higher fare, but would that increase the chances of an upgrade as opposed to having a cheaper fare.

Thanks.
Old May 9th 2009, 4:34 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates M Class Economy Ticket

Originally Posted by Duracell_Bunny
Hi folks.

I have a question regarding a ticket I have been issued. Maybe some of you have experienced this before.

I am flying from the UK to Saudi via Dubai and they have issued a M Class Economy class ticket which entitles me to a hotel stay in Dubai as the lay over is over 8 hours (got the vouchers).

What is the different between a normal Economy ticket and a M Class. I know its a higher fare, but would that increase the chances of an upgrade as opposed to having a cheaper fare.

Thanks.
you coming back then?
Old May 10th 2009, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks.

Thanks.
Think it just means there are more flexibility with changes (to full flights, no fees for changes).
Youve more chance of an upgrade if you are a gold card holder, but even then its very very slim.
Old May 10th 2009, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Duracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you coming back then?
Well, there is this opportunity in Saudi which seems good.

Had the phone interview, now they want to see me face to face and also want me to check it out before I take the dive.

I have lived in Saudi before for 5 months on a contract role a few years back.
Old May 10th 2009, 6:31 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Well, there is this opportunity in Saudi which seems good.

Had the phone interview, now they want to see me face to face and also want me to check it out before I take the dive.

I have lived in Saudi before for 5 months on a contract role a few years back.
good luck
Old May 11th 2009, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
Think it just means there are more flexibility with changes (to full flights, no fees for changes).
Youve more chance of an upgrade if you are a gold card holder, but even then its very very slim.
Agreed. I fly Emirates all the time including regular trips to and from the UK, I'm a gold card holder and very rarely get upgraded.
Old May 11th 2009, 1:12 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MAV_DXB
Agreed. I fly Emirates all the time including regular trips to and from the UK, I'm a gold card holder and very rarely get upgraded.
ive been upgraded to 1st class on an average of 40% of the flights i have had with Emirates..
Old May 11th 2009, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
ive been upgraded to 1st class on an average of 40% of the flights i have had with Emirates..
What's your secret? Or do you fly Business and get upgraded from there?

I'm always stuck in economy...