Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Emirates ID (fines for not having one)

Emirates ID (fines for not having one)

Old Oct 29th 2011, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

vastmassive is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emirates ID (fines for not having one)

Hi all,

I was told last week that there may be fines for those who don't have their Emirates ID by the end of the year.

I was very worried so I found the number of a company that actually sends out an agent to do it for you in your office, he did the application for me and 10 of my friends at work it was so easy, I didn't need to run around looking for a place to apply, PM me and I will give you their number.

Anyway he too told me that they are planning to bring in some form of fine structure for those who don't get one, maybe like 25 dirhams a day. Has anyone heard this.

Last edited by vastmassive; Oct 29th 2011 at 6:45 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 30th 2011, 3:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates ID (fines for not having one)

yes its been in the paper loads of times since mid sept. look here

http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidGN...age_with_visas

children under 15 will not be fined, if you already have an id card you only have 30 days to renew it otherwise you will be fined too.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

lisalou24 is an unknown quantity at this point

The ID cards date have been put back AGAIN to June 2012 for Dubai expats so there wont be any fines
Old Nov 4th 2011, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

So, why are people not getting their ID cards?
Old Nov 4th 2011, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
So, why are people not getting their ID cards?
because its a hassle and the cost and that they cannot see the point, if you are not asked for it and people still require your passport as id etc for lease/electric or anything like that then people cannot be bothered. in abu dhabi you have to have it now to do at least 2 things, but if you dont drive you dont need one yet...!
Old Nov 4th 2011, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been asked once for a card- to receive a new credit card- my passport was fine.

i haven't got one out of principle. I'll get one when my visa is up for renewal next year if it is still a requirement. I don't know why they just didn't do that in the first place rather than cause the panic they have caused repeatedly and then delay delay delay. If they had originally decided that everyone gets it with their visa application/renewal then it would have been gradually bought in within 3 years and then apply the inforcement of its usage so to buy a car etc. The only people that would have to go and get it done would be locals.

But that would all make too much sense.

The problem is it really isn't a credible document. It's usage is currently for well ind ubai what exactly do you need it for? When you look at the whohar around the UK ID card which has still not been put in place. In a country that change laws etc on a whim, or have laws that have such grey areas does an id card represent any value whatsoever compared to say your passport? No. Its a money making scam.

if I get fined then I'll pay it but i'm not going out of my way to get a document that may or maynot be compulsory depending on what side of the bed the king of the world (or whoever is enforcing it) got out of bed that day.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

I was recently refused access on commercial business to a busy port in one of the Northern Emirates until I produced my Emirates ID card, so it does have some uses. I also used it to stay in a hotel once rather than carry my passport.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Mentalist- but how can they refuse entry when the deadline has been extended again?
Old Nov 4th 2011, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Mentalist- but how can they refuse entry when the deadline has been extended again?
The Police and military at certain establishments can do what they want. It's partly do with the greatly increased security over recent months.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 1:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mentalist
The Police and military at certain establishments can do what they want. It's partly do with the greatly increased security over recent months.
yeh to get into port areas its a secure area, nobody without the proper id will be allowed in.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 1:43 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
yeh to get into port areas its a secure area, nobody without the proper id will be allowed in.
Funny though that it's not considered 'proper' ID by some Government departments. I love the Middle East.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

I was in KCA police station a few days ago to get a police report to have a broken windscreen fixed on the insurance. They were insisting on seeing my ID card as well as the driving licence and registration cards.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
Funny though that it's not considered 'proper' ID by some Government departments. I love the Middle East.
but they will do i suspect when all the locals have a card....
Old Nov 5th 2011, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

I find the ID card very useful. I keep my Driving Licence in the car and it means I don't need to carry my passport around with me.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
I find the ID card very useful. I keep my Driving Licence in the car and it means I don't need to carry my passport around with me.
yeh and when you need to show an id to get into etislat for example you can now leave your emirates id, instead of your driving licence, because when you get upstairs you need to then show some id...... so its good having 2 sets of id.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.