Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Emirates ID deadline (again)

Emirates ID deadline (again)

Old May 9th 2012, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emirates ID deadline (again)

So do I stand my ground and not get one or is everyone folding now? Consensus please
Old May 9th 2012, 12:44 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates ID deadline (again)

Latest news is that if you are on a Dubai visa and do not have an ID card by the end of this month, you will be fined AED 20 per day until you get one.
Old May 9th 2012, 4:42 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Like you I have waited until the bitter end with the hope that they will delay again, but I have now come to terms with the fact that it looks like they will not change the deadline again. I actually filled in the forms for my whole family earlier this evening and will give it all the PRO on Sunday...

Still feel like it is a massive scam though. What exactly is the benefit? I will still have labour card, drivers license, 2 x car registration cards to carry around...
Old May 9th 2012, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
I will still have labour card, drivers license, 2 x car registration cards to carry around...
Just wait. One day after you renew them, they will announce that they have all been cancelled as the info is all on the ID card.
Old May 9th 2012, 6:14 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
Just wait. One day after you renew them, they will announce that they have all been cancelled as the info is all on the ID card.
And it could rain frogs, pigs could fly and the burj khalifa could reveal itself as a massive transformer..
Old May 9th 2012, 9:53 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha. We've found two uses for ours since we got them last year. First was to scrape the label off the new oven and the second, I think, was to enable us to renew our Hayak sim card in Oman.

As we're moving to Muscat soon we have to say that they seem to have things organised. Once you're approved for your visa the entire process can be done in about four hours or so, including getting your ID card, and the entire process is done in the same area. OK, lots of running around between different buildings but all the different buildings are in the same compound.

Having been told that our visas had been approved we arrived at the Omani Police Visa compound at around 8am. Despite a couple of hiccups we both had our visas and ID cards by noon. Without the hiccups they'd all have been sorted in less than three hours.
Old May 10th 2012, 3:34 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Latest news is that if you are on a Dubai visa and do not have an ID card by the end of this month, you will be fined AED 20 per day until you get one.
Also, the waiting time between submitting your application (the one you get from the typing centre), to your 'interview' is around three months at the moment. Then it's a further three weeks till you get the card.

Not sure if they'll be fining you for not having it in your hands though.
Old May 10th 2012, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
Also, the waiting time between submitting your application (the one you get from the typing centre), to your 'interview' is around three months at the moment. Then it's a further three weeks till you get the card.

In AD you could get everything done (driving license, open bank account) using the ID card payment receipt, no need to wait for the card itself.
Old May 10th 2012, 4:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Whats the big issue?

It's hardly a great big hassle.
Old May 10th 2012, 4:42 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I tried to renew my UAE driving license with my Emirates ID yesterday and was told I'll need my passport.

I suspect it's got more to do with who is working that day, how much coffee he or she has had, where the moon is, if it's time harvest dates and if they like my tie than any kind of proper policy about what ID cards can be used for.

N.
Old May 10th 2012, 4:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I tried to renew my UAE driving license with my Emirates ID yesterday and was told I'll need my passport.

I suspect it's got more to do with who is working that day, how much coffee he or she has had, where the moon is, if it's time harvest dates and if they like my tie than any kind of proper policy about what ID cards can be used for.

N.
But having it will save you 20 Denzel Washington's a day. Win.
Old May 10th 2012, 5:32 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff

You are fine as long as your application has been registered.
Old May 10th 2012, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

You don't actually have to wait for the appointment....
Old May 10th 2012, 10:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Robajob
You don't actually have to wait for the appointment....
Very true. Send the PRO down and make her sit and ring you when it's nearly your turn. Bingo
Old May 10th 2012, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scamp
Very true. Send the PRO down and make her sit and ring you when it's nearly your turn. Bingo
for 3 months? You is mean.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.