Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Emirates ID Card: Deadline No 372

Emirates ID Card: Deadline No 372

Old Jul 31st 2012, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates ID Card: Deadline No 372

Originally Posted by MataHari
since Saturday night you need one to be able to buy a car...
... and I'm struggling to pay mini's school fees as he doesn't have one..
Old Jul 31st 2012, 9:39 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
since Saturday night you need one to be able to buy a car...
I'm going to leave Dubai sometime in the next two months...do you know if you need an ID card to sell a car? At this stage my ID appointment is not until late September and my current work visa terminates on 10th October 2012.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 11:04 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
I'm going to leave Dubai sometime in the next two months...do you know if you need an ID card to sell a car? At this stage my ID appointment is not until late September and my current work visa terminates on 10th October 2012.
The appointment is only to attempt to control the masses. You can go anytime you want. Show your papers and get in the queue. If you go first thing (they open 7.30am I think) to the Barsha centre you'll have no issues.

My appointment was also in September, my wife's was in August and my maid's in July. We all went one morning in early June and were back out before 15 minutes had passed.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:13 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
The appointment is only to attempt to control the masses. You can go anytime you want. Show your papers and get in the queue. If you go first thing (they open 7.30am I think) to the Barsha centre you'll have no issues.

My appointment was also in September, my wife's was in August and my maid's in July. We all went one morning in early June and were back out before 15 minutes had passed.
Thanks for the info.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk

the opening time may be later because of Ramadanadingdong.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Visa under renewal so had to get one of these bloody things- no fine though still a pain in my ass and do not like having to have one - grr!
Old Sep 9th 2012, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Visa under renewal so had to get one of these bloody things- no fine though still a pain in my ass and do not like having to have one - grr!
How long it took, ma'am?
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

well I went to Al Baraha Hospital and had my medical done at the same time and actually had a bright guy at the typing bit who handed my medical stuff to a colleague to start processing at the same time so cut down on my waiting time- they did the typing there and then so no having to hand my passport in and wait for an appointment malarky, was there for 2 1/2 hours including having my finger scanning done (down the road and round the corner-villa 23- no appointment just went straight there).

Card will take 1 month apparently.

Not actually that painful a process but I still disagree with the whole thing and begrudge having to have it all done.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Not actually that painful a process but I still disagree with the whole thing and begrudge having to have it all done.
Why?
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

why? because its a money making scam (do you still need an alcohol license- yes, do you still need a passport- yes, can these be forged - yes) there is absolutely no benefit to having one of these other than for the giovernment who is making money from it and making the little people conform to what the bigwigs say and I don't like having to give personal DNA (fingerprints) over when I am just working here. Big Brother watching every step- hate it! I don't agree with them in the UK and I don't agree with them here.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

why? because its a money making scam (do you still need an alcohol license- yes, do you still need a passport- yes, can these be forged - yes) there is absolutely no benefit to having one of these other than for the giovernment who is making money from it and making the little people conform to what the bigwigs say and I don't like having to give personal DNA (fingerprints) over when I am just working here. Big Brother watching every step- hate it! I don't agree with them in the UK and I don't agree with them here.
But if you have nothing to hide....
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Didnt you know Im an international jewel thief!

what noone has ever been stitched up or the victim of stolen identity? Nope I don't agree with it, bad people will find away around it, it's good normal people like thee and me that get our lives followed and scrutinized. So if you live with your girlfriend illegally here and they find that out via your id your ok with that use of information, or if you check into a hotel with your gf and that gets monitored you are ok when your thrown in jail for sex out of marriage? It starts with needing it to buy a car and before you know it your having your every movement watched. Knowing this is a country where your human rights are sometimes looked over are you telling me you trust them with your personal information not to misuse it. A backhander and bit of wasta would get you most things here- you think having an id card is going to stop crime and terror- bullshit I say!

Last edited by kittycat1; Sep 9th 2012 at 2:06 pm.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
But if you have nothing to hide....
Not the point.......... it will be 1984 soon (if you follow me).........
Old Sep 9th 2012, 2:41 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any empirical evidence that demonstrates that having a national identity card reduces crime in any way, or offers any real improvements to individuals?
Old Sep 9th 2012, 3:45 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Needed mine for the first time today. Notary Public requires it in order to have me included in a power of attorney. I'm wondering if he'd have accepted a copy of my work visa instead...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.