Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Emirates ID Card: Deadline No 372

Emirates ID Card: Deadline No 372

Old Jun 2nd 2012, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Emirates ID Card: Deadline No 372

From today's GN
Dubai: The Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA) has extended the deadline for registration of ID cards for Dubai residents to June 30.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/ge...ents-1.1030744

Perhaps that should now read "Emirates ID Card: Deadline 373!"
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:27 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
yes its 20 a day fine up to a max of 1000, but there may be extra charges if they failed to renew an old id card perhaps that could be it?
Yes a guy at work next to me who lives in Dubai but visa is AD is being asked to pay 1200dhs as AD deadline is past and gone...........why could it not be the same throughout UAE? They will not even process his ID card until he has paid the 1200dhs and he cannot afford to pay that in one go.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
Yes a guy at work next to me who lives in Dubai but visa is AD is being asked to pay 1200dhs as AD deadline is past and gone...........why could it not be the same throughout UAE? They will not even process his ID card until he has paid the 1200dhs and he cannot afford to pay that in one go.
well i suppose if the deadlines are different then of course the fine will be different. it wouldnt be good if they had the deadline all at the same time, can you imagine the fun and games......! i dunno why people just didnt get it done earlier when it was easy and quiet, you must of known that this was one thing they started and were going to finish.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 8:07 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

well i suppose if the deadlines are different then of course the fine will be different. it wouldnt be good if they had the deadline all at the same time, can you imagine the fun and games......! i dunno why people just didnt get it done earlier when it was easy and quiet, you must of known that this was one thing they started and were going to finish.
Going to the brink of death and back, in a nine car pile-up on a dual carriage-way, is ... very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First of all, brace yourself, hold on tight - particularly if it's a rear-ender. And pray you make contact with her twin airbags as soon as possible.

Old Jun 5th 2012, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Trying to get it done from Day One, was like getting Toothpate back in a Tube! - Especially in Dubai! Mine was done in RAK at 07:00 - No queues there! My renewal has taken Four Months! The EIDA and the Typing Offices are incompetent!
Old Jun 5th 2012, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Trying to get it done from Day One, was like getting Toothpate back in a Tube! - Especially in Dubai! Mine was done in RAK at 07:00 - No queues there! My renewal has taken Four Months! The EIDA and the Typing Offices are incompetent!
yeh i dont mean like 3 years ago, i went last october and was no probs at all.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 12:28 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

i dunno why people just didnt get it done earlier when it was easy and quiet, you must of known that this was one thing they started and were going to finish.
Not necessarily - they just keep extending the deadlines.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 12:40 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

yeh i dont mean like 3 years ago, i went last october and was no probs at all.
I am surprised you weren't knocking on the door the first day it was available...
Old Jun 5th 2012, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Meow
I am surprised you weren't knocking on the door the first day it was available...
no why, i am not stupid to take my children out of school stand in the heat from 5am all day........ waited until it was quiet.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

hmmph well it turns out, you have to have an emirates ID when you renew your visa, so as my visa is due to expire soon ( yes I have been here for 3 years- where has that time gone?) I have to go ad get one- most upset and I will be paying my fine in 25 fil coins! >stomps feet and throws toys out of pram<
Old Jul 25th 2012, 12:34 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
I know. I don't see why we need to get one, things were fine without it. And they could have easily streamlined it in with the visa renewal process.

But it is what it is, and I did it like everyone else.
well, you definately cannot get a driving license without, I was sent away with a client yesterday, where as before they were fine about not having the ID (or the application form)
Old Jul 25th 2012, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

chumpsteak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kittycat1
hmmph well it turns out, you have to have an emirates ID when you renew your visa, so as my visa is due to expire soon ( yes I have been here for 3 years- where has that time gone?) I have to go ad get one- most upset and I will be paying my fine in 25 fil coins! >stomps feet and throws toys out of pram<
I think if your visa is due for renewal before the end of 2012, then registering for an ID card is optional until the time comes to renew the visa.

http://www.eida.gov.ae/en/news-updat...g-in-2012.aspx
Old Jul 25th 2012, 1:08 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
i still haven't got one or put in for it - power to the people!
Same here.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 5:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Right.

1. It's not ****ing difficult to get it.
2. You have to ****ing have it.
3. "It's serves no purpose" - Then it can cause no harm

Just shut up and get it.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 6:48 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

since Saturday night you need one to be able to buy a car...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.