EMIRATES HOUSING

Old Jun 16th 2008, 4:19 pm
jia
Forum Regular

jia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EMIRATES HOUSING

Thank you i guess the only thing the schools want todo it to make as much money as possible.
Also is their a cap on school fees we were looking at a school in mirdiff at registration it was 30K but now the web site say 34800K .what do we have to pay?
Old Jun 16th 2008, 6:32 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jia
Thank you i guess the only thing the schools want todo it to make as much money as possible.
Also is their a cap on school fees we were looking at a school in mirdiff at registration it was 30K but now the web site say 34800K .what do we have to pay?
Yes there is a cap on schooling fees, think they base their allowances on the non profit making schools and they will cover 90% of the cost up to that allowance, ie my daughter is at a non profit school and we had to pay 3000 dhs for the year. They are due to review accommodation and schooling allowances very shortly but obviously the 90% rule will still apply.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 3:00 am
jia
Forum Regular

you mean the company is due to review the housing and education allowance. if that happens then it would be a very good benefirs keeps the school and house hikes in mind....
Old Jun 17th 2008, 3:06 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jia
you mean the company is due to review the housing and education allowance. if that happens then it would be a very good benefirs keeps the school and house hikes in mind....
I wouldn't hold out for it being much of an increase as I said they base their school allowance on the non profit schools and there is no way you would get a 3 bedroomed apartment with the allowance as you then also become liable for your bills too and once you've opted out of company accommodation its very difficult if not impossible to opt back in
Old Jun 17th 2008, 3:42 am
jia
Forum Regular

what do they cover in bills for their accomodation.

hey i was reading on their website they also pay a maid allowance .if we get that i'll be more than happy
Old Jun 17th 2008, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

If you are in company accommodation they pay all the bills for water and electricity as well as the 5% housing fee. You have to pay for your own TV and broadband costs. There is no "maid allowance" that I know of although they may provide tickets home for you maid depending on your job grade.

There are dark rumors circulating that Emirates is not too thrilled about the size of some of the utility bills it gets for some properties- notably those with huge grassy gardens and swimming pools- and they are looking at introducing some sort of system whereby the residents pay for some (or all) of what they use. Only a rumor at the moment.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 12:58 pm
jia
Forum Regular

what about the phone connection and land line bill?
we will be living in an aprt so no pool for us
Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Emirates will provide you with a phone line and deduct the cost of the calls directly from your salary- you don't have to mess about paying the bills yourself.

Some (probably most) apartment blocks do have pools, so don't worry about having to dig your own in the living room.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 1:56 pm
jia
Forum Regular

thats nice saves us the hassel of applying for the line.

Thanks so much for the info