EMIRATES HOUSING

Old Jun 14th 2008, 3:37 am
jia
Forum Regular

jia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EMIRATES HOUSING

just wondering if anyone lives in emiates housing , villas or apartmnts? and where and how are their buildings.do they have pool and gym ,please advice
Thanks
Old Jun 14th 2008, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EMIRATES HOUSING

Emirates have both villas and apartments and what you get to some extent depends on your job grade. There is a huge variety in both size, location and facilities so maybe you could be a bit more specific with your question?
Old Jun 14th 2008, 5:39 pm
jia
Forum Regular

they are saying its 3 bed for grade 9 not villa,but i was wondering about the area , as we would prefer a decent building.plus i dont even know the standard of their buildings....
Old Jun 14th 2008, 6:19 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Emirates accommodation is iin a right mess at the moment there are loads of families in temporary accommodaton because of the lack of available places. Basically the accommodation could be anywhere they can find it, but if you accept the job I'm pretty sure you could be somewhere temp. for some time.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

"Temporary" is anything up to 12 months at the moment. Some of the temporary accommodation is great, some is terrible. You have no choice or control over where you end up.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Alexander_el_magdouni is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jia
they are saying its 3 bed for grade 9 not villa,but i was wondering about the area , as we would prefer a decent building.plus i dont even know the standard of their buildings....
Out of interest, did you get this position as part of the recent IT UK compaign ?

Ta,
A
Old Jun 15th 2008, 5:09 am
jia
Forum Regular

thats scares me as we were told to either take the money which is only 120k or take the 3 bd aprt so we decided on taking the aprt.we have to look for our son's school, it already june and from sep he has to start in year 3.we havent received the paper offer yet and i was wondering how long it would take them to process the paper work.

No we didnt get the job from the IT UK campaign. we are in canada and applied directly.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
"Temporary" is anything up to 12 months at the moment. Some of the temporary accommodation is great, some is terrible. You have no choice or control over where you end up.
i was told that because some of the temporary accommodation is so bad, some people are now being paid a hardship allowance by emirates...

MM, xx
Old Jun 15th 2008, 6:52 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jia
thats scares me as we were told to either take the money which is only 120k or take the 3 bd aprt so we decided on taking the aprt.we have to look for our son's school, it already june and from sep he has to start in year 3.we havent received the paper offer yet and i was wondering how long it would take them to process the paper work.

No we didnt get the job from the IT UK campaign. we are in canada and applied directly.
You need to sort school out asap. Hardship allowance is only for pilots and management as far as i know. Are you looking at Brit curric or American if so I think American schools have already closed down for summer.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 2:10 am
jia
Forum Regular

for the moment we are looking at british schools but we were hoping that emirates could tell us where their accomodation is so we can our son registered at schools around the area, also because we are coming from a canadian curriculam he might have to go for an interview or interance test. he has some interviews booked for aug but i was wondering do the schools take kids in the middle of the term like dec or january. the reason why i am asking is that i was planning to come after 5 or 6 months after my hubby as he can settle the housing and other things before us.I drive in canada but i know that dubai's driving is horrible.
Please if u have any idea abt the admission in the middle of the term share it with us we would be greatful.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 2:12 am
jia
Forum Regular

Also what is a hardship allowance.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 3:07 am
Its all good

I believe they have been paying pilots compensation as its looking like they may be in temporary accommodation for up to a year, therefore household goods in storage, animals in kennels etc etc. Yes they do take children in the middle of terms but I would suggest that your priority at the moment is to find a school place wherever you can. If you are on the same t&C as us once you have a school place, EK will pay the school the deposit to hold the place for you. Not sure about the IT side of things but certainly with the flight deck location of accommodation is only given a couple of days before arriving and in our case on arrival at dxb airport!!
Old Jun 16th 2008, 3:33 am
jia
Forum Regular

fairydust just sent u a PM
Old Jun 16th 2008, 3:35 am
jia
Forum Regular

so even if we havent reached dubai EK will pay the school to hold the place or do we need to be there to pay the school fees
Old Jun 16th 2008, 12:13 pm
Its all good

Basically you need to pay the application fee yourself, to as many schools as you want to apply to. If any of them offer you a place they will then require a registration fee to hold the place open for you. I can't remember off the top of my head whether you pay this and claim it back or some schools will just bill Emirates direct for it. They will only pay this registration fee once for primary and once for secondary so if you move your child then you have to foot the bill. The other problem is the schools will not tell you in advance whether they have places or not so its all a bit of a nightmare but things usually do come right in the end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.