Reload this Page >

Emirates Cabin Crew Open day

Emirates Cabin Crew Open day

Old Mar 30th 2005, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Emmy23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emirates Cabin Crew Open day

Hello,

I am going for an open day in 2 weekends time and would like any tips as am v keen to impress! In particular, i am flapping over dress code. Is it advisable to wear a skirt,for example? Also, i don't have a suit- is it a must? Are there any definite no-nos in terms of dress/attitude/behaviour???

Also, does anybody know whether they employ any selection procedures on the actual open day? (the meanies) somebody on a cabin crew forum suggested that they do.

Am really excited; i know i would love the job so i really want to shine at the open day- any tips would be much appreciated!!

Thanks

P.s i have already applied online and not heard anything.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 11:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates Cabin Crew Open day

Just dress smartly and present a professional manner.
If you can speak a few languages, and have done any first aid courses, make that clear to them....as you'll have to do a first aid course anyway in basic training.

It really isn't that glamous and it's hard work and knackers your ankles, so flat heels if you can get away with it...and try and blag first class because people there just sleep, but in scum class, they don't as it ain't comfy, so it'll be more work as you'll have to continously feed and drink 'em....according to my sister *lol*
Old Mar 31st 2005, 6:07 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmy23
Hello,

I am going for an open day in 2 weekends time and would like any tips as am v keen to impress! In particular, i am flapping over dress code. Is it advisable to wear a skirt,for example? Also, i don't have a suit- is it a must? Are there any definite no-nos in terms of dress/attitude/behaviour???

Also, does anybody know whether they employ any selection procedures on the actual open day? (the meanies) somebody on a cabin crew forum suggested that they do.

Am really excited; i know i would love the job so i really want to shine at the open day- any tips would be much appreciated!!

Thanks

Only advise I can give is to be yourself !! No point trying to be something you are not as they can sort that out. Dress how you feel comfortable no need for long skirts and high shirts but not club gear either = if you can portray yourself as an outgoing go for it person you should get the job - best thing is say nothing negative no matter what you feel -= you alway s have a chance to turn the job down!!!! Good luck though hope it goes well
Old Mar 31st 2005, 6:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

There's always the other airlines, Qatar ain't bad if there taking westerners these days....
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:07 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmy23
Hello,

Thanks

good luck ...
Old Apr 1st 2005, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Have to agree with Novita about being yourself- the recruitment team are very sharp (they do this all the time remember) and can see through an act a mile away. There is no formal selection at the open days but they are run by the same people who would interview you if you get that far so if you are going to be remembered make sure it is for the corrcet reasons. As far as dress goes, "smart business dress" is the key phrase- you don't have to wear a suit but try not to look like you are on your way to a club! Trousers are okay as the cabin crew uniform includes trousers anyway.

I'd be a bit wary of Qatar. I haven't heard anything positive from their cabin crew for ages. Etihad and Gulf Air could be worth a look though.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.