Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Emaar's Alabbar denies Dubai financial rumours

Emaar's Alabbar denies Dubai financial rumours

Old Nov 26th 2008, 5:10 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emaar's Alabbar denies Dubai financial rumours

According to the man no projects are being put on hold

H.E. Mohammed Alabbar, Member, Dubai Executive Council and Chairman of Emaar, in an interview with Phil Blizzard strongly denies the numerous rumours circulating with regards to the financial state of the emirate. He talks about the task force set up to tackle these challenging times and calls for the media to be positive.

http://www.ameinfo.com/176884.html
Old Nov 26th 2008, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emaar's Alabbar denies Dubai financial rumours

Originally Posted by Slingshot

H.E. Mohammed Alabbar, Member, Dubai Executive Council and Chairman of Emaar, in an interview with Phil Blizzard strongly denies the numerous rumours circulating with regards to the financial state of the emirate. He talks about the task force set up to tackle these challenging times and calls for the media to be positive.

Of course they are not being put on hold..

Its just that they will be 'slowed'.. to be contructed in the next 30 years.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Well what 'major' projects do they have coming up? I'm not aware of anything significant. If i were them i'd concentrate on completing what they've started before doing anything. People also forget that a hell of a lot of Emaar's money has been invested (lost) in foreign markets. Its their own fault for getting greedy.

At least Nakheel have a little more sense and kept it a bit more local.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CeeBee
Well what 'major' projects do they have coming up? I'm not aware of anything significant. If i were them i'd concentrate on completing what they've started before doing anything. People also forget that a hell of a lot of Emaar's money has been invested (lost) in foreign markets. Its their own fault for getting greedy.

Nakheel, Emaar, Dubai Properties... different monkeys, but the organ grinder is one and ths same.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 3:50 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

from what i can see once the Burj is finished, Marina Mall and the apartments near the Greens, Emaar aren't involved in anything in the UAE anyway?
Old Nov 27th 2008, 3:53 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
Nakheel, Emaar, Dubai Properties... different monkeys, but the organ grinder is one and ths same.
yeah... it's not like the Nakheel staff on Waterfront City have been givien a months' notice or anything!

Oops
Old Nov 27th 2008, 5:56 am
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

I might suggest that a new project they could concentrate on would be developing buildings that are waterproof.

A small thing I know, I am an old fashioned chap who thinks that a roof is primarily to keep the rain out rather than to stop people in helicopters seeing you when you are on the job.

I see that Emaar and pulling out the stops this year. They have even posted a useful guide all around Emaar developments telling owners and tenants how to prepare for the rains. I think 'get yourself some good insurance' is pretty high up the list (seriously - read it if you get a chance, it is hilarious).
Old Nov 27th 2008, 8:53 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by captainflack
I might suggest that a new project they could concentrate on would be developing buildings that are waterproof.

A small thing I know, I am an old fashioned chap who thinks that a roof is primarily to keep the rain out rather than to stop people in helicopters seeing you when you are on the job.

I see that Emaar and pulling out the stops this year. They have even posted a useful guide all around Emaar developments telling owners and tenants how to prepare for the rains. I think 'get yourself some good insurance' is pretty high up the list (seriously - read it if you get a chance, it is hilarious).
Waterproof buildings?

I mean seeing as you pay the same or more for property here as you do in Europe or North America why would you expect it to made to international standards and resist the elements? Next you'll be asking for proper deeds, the right to abode if you own property and decent household contents insurance...

I'm all confused

N.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:24 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

well, they've got to pay for the marble worktops somehow... save on drainage, splurge on show!

Old Nov 27th 2008, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by captainflack

Are you talking about a particular development?
Old Nov 28th 2008, 6:36 am
W10

Originally Posted by CeeBee

Emaar had (apparently) two projects to announce next year in Dubai but I doubt they will go ahead now.

Nakheel is in far more trouble than Emaar is. Just lucky it never has to declare its numbers...

As for Alabaar. Well he's well known for not giving the whole picture. But his position is slowly changing, as part of a co-ordinated gradual changing of their official position from all is well to oh shit.

They all knew it was 'oh shit' about two months ago, it will just take them a long time to publically admit it, especially after the ridiculous bare faced lies at the start of this whole crisis.