Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Emaar & visas for property owners

Emaar & visas for property owners

Old Aug 1st 2010, 2:42 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emaar & visas for property owners

I don't suppose anyone has some up to date information on what Emaar are doing for people who have bought through them? Have they completely stopped property related visas?

Any recent info much appreciated. (I am trying to speak to their press people too).

Thanks
Old Aug 1st 2010, 6:18 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emaar & visas for property owners

Originally Posted by Meow
I don't suppose anyone has some up to date information on what Emaar are doing for people who have bought through them? Have they completely stopped property related visas?
Their website says they have - I'm sure you've found it already but just in case...

Who is eligible to apply for a residence visa?

Emaar does not sponsor residence visa’s to homeowners; however they are eligible to obtain 6 months multiple entry visit visa subject to the property being registered at the Land Department (i.e. Title Deed issued) with a property value of minimum AED 1 million. If the original purchase price was less than 1 million and now as per the current market value, the property is worth 1 million or more; then the customer should obtain an evaluation letter from Land Department stating the same. Customers can then approach Emaar- Property Transfer Department requesting for NOC (No Objection Certificate) to Dubai Immigration in order to be able to obtain the 6 months multiple entry visit visa.

http://www.emaar.com/index.aspx?page=faqs
Old Aug 1st 2010, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by typical
Their website says they have - I'm sure you've found it already but just in case...

Who is eligible to apply for a residence visa?

Emaar does not sponsor residence visa’s to homeowners; however they are eligible to obtain 6 months multiple entry visit visa subject to the property being registered at the Land Department (i.e. Title Deed issued) with a property value of minimum AED 1 million. If the original purchase price was less than 1 million and now as per the current market value, the property is worth 1 million or more; then the customer should obtain an evaluation letter from Land Department stating the same. Customers can then approach Emaar- Property Transfer Department requesting for NOC (No Objection Certificate) to Dubai Immigration in order to be able to obtain the 6 months multiple entry visit visa.

http://www.emaar.com/index.aspx?page=faqs
What if the purchase price was AED 1 million or more and now it's worth less than the magic AED 1 million???
Old Aug 1st 2010, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on, dude.

We're in the UAE. The answer is simple.

Dear homeowner who invested a lot of money and faith in this city: ***** you.

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
What if the purchase price was AED 1 million or more and now it's worth less than the magic AED 1 million???
Old Aug 1st 2010, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Come on, dude.

We're in the UAE. The answer is simple.

Dear homeowner who invested a lot of money and faith in this city: ***** you.
I tried to raise this subject a while back but no takers!

Does one assume no one on this board bought a property with the idea of staying here with their visa in their pocket?

Fortunately I sold out 2 years ago, partially influenced by this problem..