Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Emaar refusing moving permit on AR

Emaar refusing moving permit on AR

Old Jun 23rd 2018, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emaar refusing moving permit on AR

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this lately and if anyone has any ideas on legal recourse
It's our last year in the Gulf, mortgage paid in UK etc so we decided to kick the backside out of our last years accommodation and rent something splendidly larger than what we have lived in. Rented through a well known agency, who I shall name and shame tomorrow to prevent others from falling foul, if they don't earn their fees. Paid the rent, paid the ejari, paid the DEWA, and then went to get the move in permit and emaar said NO as the community fees haven't been paid. So I am now renting a house I can't move into, and need to move out of the current place on Tuesday. The landlord, not a local, has gone on holiday to the US. The agent has gone on holiday
Has anyone been in this situation before or have any useful tips?
Old Jun 24th 2018, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emaar refusing moving permit on AR

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this lately and if anyone has any ideas on legal recourse
It's our last year in the Gulf, mortgage paid in UK etc so we decided to kick the backside out of our last years accommodation and rent something splendidly larger than what we have lived in. Rented through a well known agency, who I shall name and shame tomorrow to prevent others from falling foul, if they don't earn their fees. Paid the rent, paid the ejari, paid the DEWA, and then went to get the move in permit and emaar said NO as the community fees haven't been paid. So I am now renting a house I can't move into, and need to move out of the current place on Tuesday. The landlord, not a local, has gone on holiday to the US. The agent has gone on holiday
Has anyone been in this situation before or have any useful tips?
There's new signs up on every security gate now about this so I'm sure there's a lot of it going on . Emarr do have an office on the Ranches at the top of Al Reem if that helps . The community fees can be paid online and it's pretty easy I think . It does sound like a lazy arsed agent and landlord scenario , I'd try the office and see if you can get any idea of how to move forward.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Yes thanks, I visited the office on the ranches and just got the standard NO can’t do anything answer. I asked what the fees were as at a last resort I would have cleared and claimed back from the LL later but it appears we are not on about 1 years missed fees, it’s donkeys years and Emaar won’t even give me the value of fees owed. I struggle to believe that the large and famous or should that be infamous agencies don’t do any simple due diligence on the properties they market and ensure fees are paid before they market.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

I remember all this shit years ago with palm residents being denied access to the beach because landlords hadn’t paid fees. I assumed this was now finished and relegated to history.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

Yes thanks, I visited the office on the ranches and just got the standard NO can’t do anything answer. I asked what the fees were as at a last resort I would have cleared and claimed back from the LL later but it appears we are not on about 1 years missed fees, it’s donkeys years and Emaar won’t even give me the value of fees owed. I struggle to believe that the large and famous or should that be infamous agencies don’t do any simple due diligence on the properties they market and ensure fees are paid before they market.
The only thing i would suggest is to go to the rent committee in person and see if they can help
A few people got caught out with this in the Greens. Luckily i dealt with my LL in person and asked him to provide me with a copy of the fees ( which he did) This is a cr@@ situation to be in and i hope you sort it
Old Jun 24th 2018, 5:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Worth trying to find an alternative and see if you can get the cheques back from agent?

I'd be on at the agent like a hound. Doesn't matter if John you're dealing with away because another John in the office should be able to deal with it. Not just ringing them but standing in their office asking how they're going to sort it out.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

That’s the plan for lunchtime Mr Scamp,
Old Jun 24th 2018, 6:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

The only other things to do is to just do it regardless? Get the removals guys in and just start unloading?

I'd also be hammering the LL if you have his contact details as well. Don't care about timezones, sort your shit out you ****.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

The security won’t let the trucks in without a moving in permit Scamp. So not quite so easy as unloading unofficially
Old Jun 24th 2018, 6:19 am
Account Closed

The security won’t let the trucks in without a moving in permit Scamp. So not quite so easy as unloading unofficially
You lot and your posh gated communities.

Beat up the agent then. Turn some desks over and see what happens.

I'd definitely hammer the LL too though, why not.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Dirty protest!
Old Jun 24th 2018, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Emaar refusing moving permit on AR

Originally Posted by Scamp
You lot and your posh gated communities.

Beat up the agent then. Turn some desks over and see what happens.

I'd definitely hammer the LL too though, why not.
It is the same in the Greens. The only time we see security is when they want to see your moving in permits
Old Jun 24th 2018, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

If you do not get anywhere with the agent start bandying that you will call the police. This may gee them up a bit
I was looking back at similar posts on another UAE and a woman was in the same situation as you are
She went to the agent and threatened them with the Police which worked and the fees were taken out of the cheques
Old Jun 24th 2018, 9:07 am
peterparker

Sabi Star is an unknown quantity at this point

Does not sound like the kind of LL one would want anyway.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Well looks like a happy ending.
Thanks to the very helpful lady at Emaar who offered a reduced payment plan for the LL and the LL is paying it now inshallah. I
cant praise Emaar at their main office enough over this, super helpful and empathetic. Perhaps less helpful at the ranches office but guess their hands are tied.

i suppose the lesson to anyone renting within the AR is to demand written evidence that the community charges on your next property have been paid before you sign any cheques and a contract and don’t rely upon the agents.

this has been a hideous experience though thankfully our last possible exposure as in 12 months it’s all over and out of here inshallah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.