Reload this Page >

Electronic design/production in UAE

Electronic design/production in UAE

Old Feb 10th 2004, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

JohnMtl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electronic design/production in UAE

Hello all,

Montrealer here so hope you don't mind some canuck wondering around here!

I just discovered this site and thnk it is wonderful so thanks for creating it and all the help you post.

My question is, are there any jobs in the electronics sector in UAE? I have 10 years expereince in R&D and manufacturing of electronic designs with alarge focus on project management and coordination (pretty much same thing I know....). Actual design is not a strong point for me so those positions do no good for me.

Anyone know if there are any good companies involved in that (telecom, etc) which I may contact? OR any decent recruitment firms in the area that cover my expertise?

If you need more info I could post a better listing of my qualifications to give a more solid idea!

Cheers!
John
Old Feb 12th 2004, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Anybody have any suggestions? I tried emailing NADIA but that led to no success.

All I see is ads on **************** but that whole place smells abit fishy to me....

Any help/guidance is appreciated.

Cheers
John
Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:34 pm
jat
BE Enthusiast

jat is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

have a look at www.budgerecruitment.com - www.monster.com

not sure if they have jobs for what your looking for though
Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

budge has nothing to do concerning electronics and I always keep an eye on Monster.

What I am really wanting to do first and foremost is if there are any jobs in electronics R&D or Production within UAE.

If yes, then which recruitement sites are good for these types of jobs. Obviously within construction and oil/gas there are tons of positions but they are outside of my expertise.

Thanks
Old Feb 21st 2004, 4:36 am
Balushi

Default Re: Electronic design/production in UAE

Originally posted by JohnMtl
Hello all,

My question is, are there any jobs in the electronics sector in UAE? I have 10 years expereince in R&D and manufacturing of electronic designs with alarge focus on project management and coordination (pretty much same thing I know....). Actual design is not a strong point for me so those positions do no good for me.

Anyone know if there are any good companies involved in that (telecom, etc) which I may contact? OR any decent recruitment firms in the area that cover my expertise?

If you need more info I could post a better listing of my qualifications to give a more solid idea!

Cheers!
John

Hi John,

The Market is really growing here and definately there is no stopping....

If you talk about Electronic production Then there is AL FUTTAIM with their own locally Assembled Brand called "Aftron"

And Al Futtaim is one the Biggest Company in the G.C.C.

Old Feb 21st 2004, 5:04 am
Just Joined

Hey cheers for the reply bud, much appreciated. I'll look around and try and find a website for them for further info.

Also if anyone knows of other companies or recruiters for electronics I would appreciate it.

Thanks everyone!
Old Feb 21st 2004, 1:47 pm

philipz is on a distinguished road

Well JobsInDubai is in Canada, so why not check what they have to offer by calling them up. Well good sights for jobs in the UAE, there are Bayt.com and then the recruitment agency website. You can check my site TEN Jobs, but it just started this month so I am not sure it will have jobs that you would be looking for, but you can check out the UAE job article and it will take you where you need to go online to look for job vacancies. Enjoy.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

philipz

Yes I have checked those sites. Something about **************** that just smells of scam to me.... I don't know of any recruiter that requires you to pay them just to send a CV in....

I do check your other sites (very nice by the way) and also get the Bayt info. The other recruitment sites (as listed through your pages) don't seem to have anything for electronics but I keep checking regardless.

So it seems I am doing the right stuff, just need to dig a little deeper I guess!

Thanks for the info!
Cheers
John
Old Feb 24th 2004, 6:16 am
Balushi

Originally posted by JohnMtl
Hey cheers for the reply bud, much appreciated. I'll look around and try and find a website for them for further info.

Also if anyone knows of other companies or recruiters for electronics I would appreciate it.

Thanks everyone!

John,

If you are stay currently in Dubai than the best thing i suugest would be that you personnelly visit the office of "AL FUTTAIM ENGINEERING"

The Al Futtaim is really HUGE, each and every division is segregated from others even the system they use is SAP. So there is no use in forwarding your credentails to the head office bcoz most probably your CV will go unnoticed under the mountains of other applicants.

You should approach only "AL FUTTAIM ENGINEERING"

If you want to arrange for an appointment than you can visist Al Futtaim Training center in Al Rashidiya opposite Dubai Municipality office.

Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice but I am not in Dubai, I am in Canada....

I will still try the and send off to whatever divisions I can find from their websites. The only way I can do it at the moment.

Thanks!
John