Ejari

Old Jul 10th 2016, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold
Default Ejari

I've been in my current flat since 2012. The first years contract was registered with Ejari. I thought it only needed to be registered the first time rather than each year, which is apparently wrong. The agent who did it has done a runner since to compound things and had the

My landlord lives in Africa and I've not seen him for years or been issued with new contracts.

Does anyone know what the deal is with updating Ejari registration - no ones picking up the phone there. Do I need to have new contracts made up for each year?

There's a baby on the so I need an up to date Ejari contract for visa purposes.

Anyone got any insight on how this works?
Old Jul 10th 2016, 5:15 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ejari

Ejari certificates are only valid for the duration of the tenancy contract they are issued against, so yes, you need to get a new one every time you renew your tenancy. And you won't get one without a current tenancy contract, so you need to find your landlord.

Last edited by Eeyore; Jul 10th 2016 at 5:17 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2016, 6:06 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

contract needs to be renewed every year as is the Ejari.
Now, here's the info for you that I got from my property guy
1. No need to go to the Land Department coz if they find out the owner isn't in the country then forget about getting your visa before the owner shows up.
2. Go to a property person that you know and have them make a new lease agreement (1000 AED I think) and either sign it yourself on behalf of the owner or send the agreement to the owner in Africa by fast DHL etc and get it signed by him. Either way the sign doesn't matter as the Ejari is made online by the typing so the signs aren't matched or looked at. It's not illegal, it's just a loophole you are using for the right reason. Once you have the Ejari, get your visa and bobs your uncle.
PM me if you don't have a property guy. I'll give you mine
He's good
Cheers
Old Jul 11th 2016, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the input chaps.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

hold up - if you have been paying your lease on an annual basis (and can prove it) then that in itself is proof that you have a 'valid' lease agreement.

When I moved aprts in Dec, I had to show my fully signed tenancy agreement in order to register for Ejari, and so unless things have changed you will need a fully executed lease agreement.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 8:44 pm

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
hold up - if you have been paying your lease on an annual basis (and can prove it) then that in itself is proof that you have a 'valid' lease agreement.

When I moved aprts in Dec, I had to show my fully signed tenancy agreement in order to register for Ejari, and so unless things have changed you will need a fully executed lease agreement.
If the owner hadn't been paid on time AND if he had submitted an application asking the Land Department to help him vacate the premises, only then would they know.

Otherwise the lease agreement/ijari wouldn't renew itself.
Old Jul 13th 2016, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
If the owner hadn't been paid on time AND if he had submitted an application asking the Land Department to help him vacate the premises, only then would they know.

Otherwise the lease agreement/ijari wouldn't renew itself.
I agree - ejari contracts are not renewable - my point was about submitting a fully signed lease agreement in order to get registered for ejari.
Old Jul 13th 2016, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by mission
I agree - ejari contracts are not renewable - my point was about submitting a fully signed lease agreement in order to get registered for ejari.
Yes, but they don't have any way of checking those signs like in the banks, so as long as the signs 'generally' look like same ones of the person's ID Card let's say, they don't bother with verifying the signs. His issue is that the LL isn't there and he can just sign on the LL's behalf, after informing him over the phone of course. A decent LL really shouldn't mind who signs the lease as long as the rent is paid on time etc you know.
Old Jul 14th 2016, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Yes, but they don't have any way of checking those signs like in the banks, so as long as the signs 'generally' look like same ones of the person's ID Card let's say, they don't bother with verifying the signs. His issue is that the LL isn't there and he can just sign on the LL's behalf, after informing him over the phone of course. A decent LL really shouldn't mind who signs the lease as long as the rent is paid on time etc you know.
understood