Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Eid Vacation, where should I go?

Eid Vacation, where should I go?

Old Nov 10th 2004, 7:04 am
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all
Default Re: Eid Vacation, where should I go?

Originally Posted by TA5
Definitely not going to a middle eastern country
Might just end up going camping in Oman
I thought Oman was a Middle Eastern country? Oman capital Mosqat, right? Is that the one you're talking about?

Lebanon is as liberal/westernised as could get. And not dangerous at all, unless you're gonna go hang out at the Hezballah HQ if you know what I mean..
Old Nov 10th 2004, 7:39 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

Now you're talking! Oman (Capital- Muscat) is great for camping. I have driven all up and down that coast and strongly recommend heading down to the pink lagoon, Bar Al Hikman or just drive through the woodlands to the coast above the Wahiba sands and drive along the beach and come out at the bottom. From there you can go to Bar Al Hikman or loop round on the tarmac road back to Muscat stopping along the way for wadi hikes etc.
Bear in mind that you will see more Dubai cars in Oman than you did in Dubai during Eid!
Fujeirah will be chokka!
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:06 am
Princess

Jamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud of

I haven't been able to find any direct flights between Dubai and Madrid.

What about a weekend in Milan instead? A game at San Siro with AC Milan or Inter is very recommendable (was there with 60 000 crazy italians last weekend) -- and they do have direct flights. Extra bonus: I could provide restaurant reccomendations
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

We are going to Switzerland for a five-day break this eid, I definitely recommend Interlaken, although that is not where WE are going on Switzerland. Don't worry about the direct flights we are using Emirates direct to Zurich and Swiss Intl Airlines from there to our local destination. You can even use Swiss Airlines from DXB direct to Zurch if you prefer!!
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:21 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
We are going to Switzerland for a five-day break this eid, I definitely recommend Interlaken, although that is not where WE are going on Switzerland. Don't worry about the direct flights we are using Emirates direct to Zurich and Swiss Intl Airlines from there to our local destination. You can even use Swiss Airlines from DXB direct to Zurch if you prefer!!
Take the train up the Jungfrau - u actually pass through a glacier and the north face of the eiger - the view at the top is spectacular, although a little brisk.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Give my love to Switzerland. Enjoy the cold, my mum reports, it was snowing already.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Take the train up the Jungfrau - u actually pass through a glacier and the north face of the eiger - the view at the top is spectacular, although a little brisk.
Been there done that!!
Old Nov 10th 2004, 10:49 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Been there done that!!

yea, ditto, although i wouldn't mind doing it again

i forgot that emirates goes direct to switzerland, that's a good idea, milan would be nice also
Old Nov 10th 2004, 10:53 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
yea, ditto, although i wouldn't mind doing it again

i forgot that emirates goes direct to switzerland, that's a good idea, milan would be nice also
Emirates also fly direct to Glasgow, Birmingham :scared: and new york!!!
Old Nov 10th 2004, 11:54 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

yea, i seriously thought about just flying back to nyc for a few days, i have about 1000 friends there that i haven't seen for a long time

tickets to anywhere but london are AED 4300, so its either london or bust, i'll bring a suitcase with some clothes to work and decide tomorrow morning
Old Nov 10th 2004, 11:57 am
Premium Member

Originally Posted by TA5
yea, i seriously thought about just flying back to nyc for a few days, i have about 1000 friends there that i haven't seen for a long time

tickets to anywhere but london are AED 4300, so its either london or bust, i'll bring a suitcase with some clothes to work and decide tomorrow morning
Style - don't forget ur trunks - the maldives r nice!!
Old Nov 10th 2004, 1:49 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Emirates also fly direct to Glasgow, Birmingham :scared: and new york!!!
Dublin next year!!!!!
Old Nov 10th 2004, 2:23 pm
A slow driver!

lillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TA5

If you come to London I will give you a free guided tour in return for one when I move to Dubai in Jan!!
Old Nov 10th 2004, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TA5

Darlin you're welcome to come along with us to Switzerland the hubby won't be going as he will be doing business in Singapore
Old Nov 10th 2004, 2:28 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lillygirl
If you come to London I will give you a free guided tour in return for one when I move to Dubai in Jan!!
wondering if this offer is open to me?

when in jan will u be headed out?

oh and i just Karma'd u!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.