British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Eid Mubarek (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/eid-mubarek-812177/)

redShark Oct 15th 2013 5:17 am

Eid Mubarek

Would like to wish all the British Muslims on here a happy and enjoyable Eid, and if you have not done it yet, then I hope you will be able to perform this trip of discovery, the Hajj one day inchAllah

hoffage123 Oct 15th 2013 11:51 am

Re: Eid Mubarek

Eid Mubarak! :)

mentalist Oct 15th 2013 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 10944597)
Would like to wish all the British Muslims on here a happy and enjoyable Eid, and if you have not done it yet, then I hope you will be able to perform this trip of discovery, the Hajj one day inchAllah

And what's wrong with wishing non-Muslims a Happy Holiday too, you muppet? Typical Islamic behaviour from a typical Muslim.

hoffage123 Oct 15th 2013 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10945041)
And what's wrong with wishing non-Muslims a Happy Holiday too, you muppet? Typical Islamic behaviour from a typical Muslim.

Happy Eid Mubarak too, mentalist :) I don't think any offence was intended.

redShark Oct 15th 2013 4:42 pm

I don’t know why you are complaining. Every year I send my neighbours in the UK Christmas cards with good wishes. Have you or any of the noisy regulars on this forum ever congratulated the Muslims whom you live among, for any religious occasions? So if I was to use your logic, would it be ok to say this is a typical English behaviour by a typical English person?

Patsy Stoned Oct 16th 2013 2:28 am

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 10945406)
I don’t know why you are complaining. Every year I send my neighbours in the UK Christmas cards with good wishes. Have you or any of the noisy regulars on this forum ever congratulated the Muslims whom you live among, for any religious occasions? So if I was to use your logic, would it be ok to say this is a typical English behaviour by a typical English person?

You are a twat sweetie, almost all British/other expats I know always wish Eid Mubarak to muslim friends/colleagues. I send Eid gifts for families of local friends and clients.
Get your sanctimonious head out of your arse.

Meow Oct 16th 2013 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 10946247)
You are a twat sweetie, almost all British/other expats I know always wish Eid Mubarak to muslim friends/colleagues. I send Eid gifts for families of local friends and clients.
Get your sanctimonious head out of your arse.

:goodpost:

westpat Oct 16th 2013 3:19 pm

Nothing wrong at all to wish non-Muslims a Happy Holiday, only he was specifically wishing Eid blessings. Non-Muslims, such as yourself, do not celebrate Eid. Likewise, it would be odd of you to wish a Muslim, Jew, or atheist "Merry Christmas".

You can delete your last, bigoted sentence.

Meow Oct 17th 2013 9:50 am

Originally Posted by westpat (Post 10947082)
Nothing wrong at all to wish non-Muslims a Happy Holiday, only he was specifically wishing Eid blessings. Non-Muslims, such as yourself, do not celebrate Eid. Likewise, it would be odd of you to wish a Muslim, Jew, or atheist "Merry Christmas".

You can delete your last, bigoted sentence.

No it's not. I would wish that, plus any other festival greeting to anyone. These things should be inclusive.

I get plenty of Chrismas greetings from Muslim friends and colleagues (as well as presents and cards) and there is no issue in wishing them a happy Christmas. I am an atheist, but it's about being pleasant, friendly and kind to everyone.

If everyone was inclusive, tolerant and open-minded it would be better for us all.

hoffage123 Oct 17th 2013 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10948316)
No it's not. I would wish that, plus any other festival greeting to anyone. These things should be inclusive.

I get plenty of Chrismas greetings from Muslim friends and colleagues (as well as presents and cards) and there is no issue in wishing them a happy Christmas. I am an atheist, but it's about being pleasant, friendly and kind to everyone.

If everyone was inclusive, tolerant and open-minded it would be better for us all.

I agree - the only thing I would note is that in the response to the OP post, Mentalist makes generalisations about Muslims and insults the OP - then the OP is insulted further on in the thread. Maybe the response could have been more kindly worded, therefore avoiding the negativity that followed?

Patsy Stoned Oct 17th 2013 10:05 am

Originally Posted by hoffage123 (Post 10948326)
I agree - the only thing I would note is that in the response to the OP post, Mentalist makes generalisations about Muslims and insults the OP - then the OP is insulted further on in the thread. Maybe the response could have been more kindly worded, therefore avoiding the negativity that followed?

where is the fun in that darling ;)

Patsy Stoned Oct 17th 2013 10:06 am

:goodpost: :D

NorthernLad Oct 17th 2013 1:19 pm

Spot on...but then it's as likely as being able to predict each weeks six balls on the lottery.

redShark Oct 17th 2013 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by hoffage123 (Post 10948326)

Quit a thoughful and objective post. I actually want to add a couple more points here.

First, regarding religious festivals, I am actually quite particular about whom I congratulate. In the Eid festival that comes after Ramadan, for example, I try my best not to congratulate those Muslims who didn’t fast that month because that Eid is not for them, it is a religious celebration that was meant for those Muslims who’d passed the fasting test. Religious Muslims events are special occasions only for the Muslims who are practicing. There are other more inclusive occasions that can be taken for celebrations, such as national days, etc. I actually do feel very sorry for Christianity and how a religious event such as Christmas turned into something not religious (to say the least). The last thing I want to see is the same plight happening to the Muslims Eids.

Second, regarding those insulting posts, they do not really bother me much if they are from a bloke, because I can reply to them in a way that makes him shrink in and retreat back to his hole. My weakness is women!! What I meant to say is that teasing a lady up to me is like walking a tight robe, one little wrong word and she will be tears!!!

But I think Patsy is ok, she does not mean harm…. she actually comes across as a harmless fun loving girl, in fact she reminds much of me of my ginger haired German wife whom I pet named ‘my beetroot pie’. She too was professional and streetwise and always slaps me on my bum when I get a bit naughty. ;)

OleJanx Oct 17th 2013 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 10949117)
Quit a thoughful and objective post. I actually want to add a couple more points here.

First, regarding religious festivals, I am actually quite particular about whom I congratulate. In the Eid festival that comes after Ramadan, for example, I try my best not to congratulate those Muslims who didn’t fast that month because that Eid is not for them, it is a religious celebration that was meant for those Muslims who’d passed the fasting test. Religious Muslims events are special occasions only for the Muslims who are practicing. There are other more inclusive occasions that can be taken for celebrations, such as national days, etc. I actually do feel very sorry for Christianity and how a religious event such as Christmas turned into something not religious (to say the least). The last thing I want to see is the same plight happening to the Muslims Eids.

Second, regarding those insulting posts, they do not really bother me much if they are from a bloke, because I can reply to them in a way that makes him shrink in and retreat back to his hole. My weakness is women!! What I meant to say is that teasing a lady up to me is like walking a tight robe, one little wrong word and she will be tears!!!

But I think Patsy is ok, she does not mean harm…. she actually comes across as a harmless fun loving girl, in fact she reminds much of me of my ginger haired German wife whom I pet named ‘my beetroot pie’. She too was professional and streetwise and always slaps me on my bum when I get a bit naughty. ;)

A tight robe? That explains everything about you.