British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Eid (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/eid-265669/)

Jeeper Nov 10th 2004 12:03 pm

Eid

Have a great weekend all. :)

Truth Speak Nov 10th 2004 12:50 pm

Re: Eid

Originally Posted by kelvynd
Have a great weekend all. :)

It started 4.25 hrs ago - cheers :beer:

joseph.creative Nov 10th 2004 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Truth Speak

Git...

Face81 Nov 10th 2004 1:28 pm

Got u beat there m8..... mine started 9 days ago!

hahahahahahahahahaha

Truth Speak Nov 10th 2004 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
Git...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh :D

Calgarian Nov 10th 2004 5:53 pm

U lucky bastereds...I have 4 days off then back to work for 1 day then 3 weeks off again..DXB here I come :D

Khan

Truth Speak Nov 11th 2004 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Face81
Got u beat there m8..... mine started 9 days ago!

hahahahahahahahahaha

U lazy good for nothing student type, leeching off the nation......with all this time you should be walking the streets of Dubai picking up litter as pennance for ur sins - not wasting your life on here!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

joseph.creative Nov 11th 2004 6:47 am

U lazy good for nothing student type, leeching off the nation......with all this time you should be walking the streets of Dubai picking up litter as pennance for ur sins - not wasting your life on here!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I agree...

Truth Speak Nov 11th 2004 8:13 am

I agree...

Thanks JC - someones gotta keep these student types in line!! :D

Face81 Nov 11th 2004 1:51 pm

I do study during the day!!! I have been for the past 4 days..... put in about 5 hrs a day and come on here in the PM's......

as a punishment, I have to work 6-day weeks when I get back and from the looks of it, so do the rest of the kids in this country:

"Thursday classes will make up for lost time
By Mohsen Rashid

11 November 2004

DUBAI — In order to enable students to compensate for the mourning days when schools were closed on the demise of Shaikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the Ministry of Education has decided to allow all schools to remain open on Thursdays, should they wish to do so to make up for the lost time and catch up on syllabus portions, according to a source at the ministry.

However, schools wishing to take up the ministry’s offer will first have to apply for permission before deciding to have classes on Thursdays.

The source further said that the issue would be discussed during a meeting scheduled to be held after the Eid holidays.

The source said that as far as government schools were concerned, there were two proposals: a two-week school holiday for the second semester, or a shortening of the spring break.

As for private schools, another source at the ministry said that the ministry had no objection to schools opening on Thursdays for a limited period.

A circular will be addressed to both Arabic and foreign schools to this effect. The approval of the educational zones should not take more than one day.

The source expressed his opinion that this recommendation is far better than prolonging school days for two weeks in the second semester.

This is due to the fact that the exams of some private schools coincide with those abroad. Khaleej Times has conducted a survey to elicit the opinion of private school managements on the best solution to make the students catch up with the lessons they have missed during the mourning days.

Principal of Al Mawakeb private school in Dubai, Noboogh Nasr, is of the opinion that the academic year should be extended to a period, which varies from a week to 10 days. The period, he said, was to be fixed after an agreement was made between the private schools and the Ministry of Education provided that the latter is to fix the exams of the three compulsory subjects — Arabic, Islamic Studies and Social Studies — in a way that conforms with the rules and regulations governing all private schools.

Dr Farooq Attaiyya, Principal of Dubai Modern Education School, said that making spring break short is not feasible and the decision on doing so would have an adverse impact on the students, parents and teachers for they were used to it. He, however, said that each and every school should choose what suits its curricula and students.

He is of the opinion that having Thursdays as working days and for a limited period in order to make the students catch up with what they missed of lessons and classes was an appropriate solution. Fatima Al Dibal, Principal of Al Ittehad (Pvt) school in Al Mamzar, said the students could get what they missed by extending the study for only a week and not two weeks. Her argument was based on the fact that schools’ academic year ends by May, and extension of study for a week would affect neither the student nor the teachers.

She, however, did not support the proposal on giving a free hand to the schools to choose what suits their syllabi and students.

She said it was the Ministry of Education to decide and make it binding to all schools, as the latter (government and private) are engaged with the unified exams of the three compulsory subjects. She also strongly rejected discussing cancelling the spring break.

Dr Ahmed Taqi, Principal of Al Ahliyya Al Khairyya (private charity) school, did not support opening private schools on Thursdays, saying this would not achieve the purpose."

hahahahaha........ looks like I might not be the only one working 6-days a week! :D

Face81 Nov 11th 2004 1:57 pm

I agree...

traitor! :eek:

joseph.creative Nov 13th 2004 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Face81
traitor! :eek:

are u ever gonna stop moaning about how much work u have to do? or are u just gonna get on and do it? :D

Truth Speak Nov 13th 2004 9:35 am

are u ever gonna stop moaning about how much work u have to do? or are u just gonna get on and do it? :D

LMAO - theres another one somwhere moaning about studies.... how times change!!

joseph.creative Nov 13th 2004 9:40 am

LMAO - theres another one somwhere moaning about studies.... how times change!!

and he has a small penis which is better than u since u had urs removed as it rotted away from too much time in soho or was it in cyclone?

Truth Speak Nov 13th 2004 9:59 am

and he has a small penis which is better than u since u had urs removed as it rotted away from too much time in soho or was it in cyclone?

Both wrong - spent too much time in Gloucestershire