Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Ehteraz app in Qatar

Ehteraz app in Qatar

Old Mar 2nd 2021, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough
Default Ehteraz app in Qatar

Arrived in Doha a couple of days ago and currently in 7 days hotel quarantine. My Ehteraz app is showing the following status, I believe it should show a QR code in yellow (=quarantine) with my name on the top?

Has anyone else seen the above on their status and did it fix itself eventually? Have already called the Hukoomi/Ehteraz helpline on 109 and they said they're looking into it.

Cheers.
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ehteraz app in Qatar

Have you had a test yet?
You can try calling the hotline number for tech support, though I found they have a somewhat limited supply of stock answers, restart app, restart phone, replace sim card with new number, plus a couple more.
Call the medical team in the hotel where you are doing your quarantine stay and ask them to investigate.
Does the notifications tab say anything? It should show "Change in health code"
Make a fuss and become a real pain in the arse if that's what it takes. Make them fix it.
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by martinbkk View Post
Have you had a test yet?
You can try calling the hotline number for tech support, though I found they have a somewhat limited supply of stock answers, restart app, restart phone, replace sim card with new number, plus a couple more.
Call the medical team in the hotel where you are doing your quarantine stay and ask them to investigate.
Does the notifications tab say anything? It should show "Change in health code"
Make a fuss and become a real pain in the arse if that's what it takes. Make them fix it.
Thanks. No, not had a test in Qatar yet. Just had temperature taken at hotel (Westin) upon entry. But having spoken to the medical staff at the hotel earlier, they said I shouldn't take too much notice of Ehteraz app status whilst still in quarantine, since I won't be going anywhere soon. They said i will have a test on 6th day and if that turns out to be negative, then within 24hrs the app status will change to green at which point I am free to check out. But then I've got to spend another 7 days in self-quarantine in own accommodation even with green Ehteraz status - this is a Qatar Petroleum requirement. Worst of all, I won't get paid anything for any time spent in quarantine. The joys of working through an agency! Urrggghhh

Last edited by psychopomp1; Mar 2nd 2021 at 5:32 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yuck, well I did 14 days at the Westin back in Jul/Aug, not rushing to repeat it. I was paid but still no picnic.
Just a thought, presume your phone number is a local one.
Mine took an age to go green on the appointed day, actually about a day late.
Just be sure to get your Talabat ordering sorted to get the food in.
Old Mar 4th 2021, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Yep, using a local (Vodafone) number - i don't think the Ehteraz app lets you use a non Qatar number anyway.

Funny you mentioned Talabat app, i used it last night to order some food from a nearby restaurant. Though to be fair, the hotel food isn't bad, eg they do fantastic stone baked pizzas!

Oh well just 2-3 days left
Old Mar 5th 2021, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

WOO HOO...its turned green!! Pretty sure it should show yellow as I am still under hotel quarantine, but I'm not complaining LOL.Will be having a test tomorrow and if that turns out negative then I can check out on Sunday.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 17th 2021 at 7:26 am. Reason: Image removed at OP’s request
Old Mar 5th 2021, 2:02 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm... That QR code links to a Hormone Replacement Therapy factsheet, odd.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11 View Post
Hmmm... That QR code links to a Hormone Replacement Therapy factsheet, odd.
So much for being "encrypted" lol
Old Mar 10th 2021, 7:02 am
fth
Forum Regular

fth is an unknown quantity at this point

The QR code you just posted revealed your real name (last letters of surname are WAR). It also shows your QID number (if you have one)
Old Mar 10th 2021, 9:36 am
Just Joined

w_scott is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fth View Post
The QR code you just posted revealed your real name (last letters of surname are WAR). It also shows your QID number (if you have one)
And born in 1982 with some more info.