Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Educational allowance how does it works??

Educational allowance how does it works??

Old Jan 12th 2017, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Milana2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Educational allowance how does it works??

Hi,

Can someone explain me please what are the conditions of the education allowance for a teacher working in a public university in the KSA?

I know that the allowance is 25 000 per year starting from the grade 1.
My question is if I have only one children going to school. I want to know if the university is going to pay the total amount of 25 000?
Someone told me that the uni pay for the first 10 000 and after for the second 7000 and the third 8000 is it true?

Is this system applicable and the same in the UAE, Qatar and Oman?

Many thanks in advance for your reply I will appreciate it!
Old Jan 12th 2017, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Educational allowance how does it works??

Surely it depends on your employer / your employment contract.

It's not a mandatory benefit, at least not in the UAE it isnt.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

HI,

I think you have to confirm this with your University directly, as it sounds like they have their own specific policy.

The usual practice in KSA, when an employee gets such an allowance from their employer, they pay the school fees for the child - obtain a receipt and then claim the cash back from their allowance OR the employer pays it once a year at the same time each year. More and more employers in KSA are doing away with this allowance these days.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

SAR 25,000 maximum whether you have one child or ten. Not per child but total payment ! And that is the MAXIMUM. If you manage to find a school with lower fees - you will only get a refund of what you have paid. In universities the educational allowance is not what it once was. In the good old days it was payable in full for each child and for some nationalities included fees up to and including university level.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Milana2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot all for your reply,

I confirmed and it is 10 000 for the first 7500 for the second the third 5000 and the fourth 5500.
Is it the same for all the public uni in the KSA?

Hi Scot47 are you talking about KSA or an other country? I thought it will be this systeme applicable and finding a good school for 10 000 is just impossible. Minimum fees here are around 25 000 !!!
Old Jan 15th 2017, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

KSA at public university where I worked and still have contacts. (KFUPM in Dhahran) Educational allowance will not cover schooling costs..