Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Education Certificates - help please!

Education Certificates - help please!

Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

jayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the rough
Default Education Certificates - help please!

Hi all,

I'm in the process of accepting a job offer and have been told (by my employer to be) that i need my education certificates. I have contacted my school and spoken to the exams officer there and she has told me that they don't actually do copies of GCSE certicates only a "to whom it may concern" letter. This sounds a bit flaky... do you think it would be ok? Obviously if they contact my school then they can verify that i did actually take these exams but i thought it would make the whole process alot easier if i had the certs.

Has anyone else been in this situation?

Many Thanks!
Jayne x
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Education Certificates - help please!

Originally Posted by jayne29
Hi all,

I'm in the process of accepting a job offer and have been told (by my employer to be) that i need my education certificates. I have contacted my school and spoken to the exams officer there and she has told me that they don't actually do copies of GCSE certicates only a "to whom it may concern" letter. This sounds a bit flaky... do you think it would be ok? Obviously if they contact my school then they can verify that i did actually take these exams but i thought it would make the whole process alot easier if i had the certs.

Many Thanks!
Jayne x
usually they just want your degree cert, are you sure they need gcse...??

MM, xx
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

jayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the rough

Oh.... you know what, im not too sure now. They just talked about "education certificates". I never went to uni, the parents sent me off to get a job when i left school! but i thought they would want any certs from the exams i did take... do you think the letter would be enough should they want to see it?...

Thank you!
J x
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh.... you know what, im not too sure now. They just talked about "education certificates". I never went to uni, the parents sent me off to get a job when i left school! but i thought they would want any certs from the exams i did take... do you think the letter would be enough should they want to see it?...

Thank you!
J x
hmmm...if you haven't got a degree then maybe they do need to see gcse...check with them and see, i can't imagine a letter will be enough if they do want to, cos with a degree you need to have a whole hassle of getting a certified copy. You should be able to get a copy of your gcse cert from the exam board though...

MM, xx
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

I must admit i was surprised to hear that i couldn't get a copy of my certificates... i'm sure its possible, they just couldn't be bothered to help me!

Thanks MM i'd better get cracking x
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
hmmm...if you haven't got a degree then maybe they do need to see gcse...check with them and see, i can't imagine a letter will be enough if they do want to, cos with a degree you need to have a whole hassle of getting a certified copy. You should be able to get a copy of your gcse cert from the exam board though...

MM, xx
Never bothered with mine to be honest. Even my degree cert. Company knew i had one and that was fine....mind you, my visa reflects this.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Many Thanks!
Jayne x

In the company that I work for we only need degrees for engineers and such, they may be asking for it so they can allocate the correct title in the labor office, as if you have not got a degree you cannot have a certain number of titles on the labour card.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jayne

I think that when they say "education certificates" it usually means you latest degree certificate. If you didnt do further education the school can give your a listing of your results (this is assuming its not too long ago) otherwise you will need to contact each of the examination board(s) to get the certificate. Im still waiting for my bronze 100m swimming certificate

Gent