Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Economist compensation in Dubai?

Economist compensation in Dubai?

Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of
Default Economist compensation in Dubai?

Hi All,

I have been reading the forum for one month or so and I learned a great deal about life in Dubai. Thanks.

Here is my situation: I am talking with two companies in Dubai about a position as an economist. One with the governement, the other in the private sector. It looks like the process will take forever... it is too hot, after ramadan, etc, etc. Look like is normal in Dubai to take 6 months to fill a position.

Anyway... one of the companies asked me today about the compensation package I expect. Any idea of what to ask/expect? About me: Economist (Ph D), 7 years of experience in international organizations, government, universities and consulting companies. Any Econ in this forum or only human beings here ?

I am still in the early process... so if anyone you know needs an economist... let me know.

Cheers!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Economist compensation in Dubai?

i'm an economist but saw sense and moved into pr...! sorry, no idea what salary expectations are here, but i'm going to be watching this thread with interest...!

MM, xx
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:10 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klaus3974
Hi All,

I have been reading the forum for one month or so and I learned a great deal about life in Dubai. Thanks.

Here is my situation: I am talking with two companies in Dubai about a position as an economist. One with the governement, the other in the private sector. It looks like the process will take forever... it is too hot, after ramadan, etc, etc. Look like is normal in Dubai to take 6 months to fill a position.

Anyway... one of the companies asked me today about the compensation package I expect. Any idea of what to ask/expect? About me: Economist (Ph D), 7 years of experience in international organizations, government, universities and consulting companies. Any Econ in this forum or only human beings here ?

I am still in the early process... so if anyone you know needs an economist... let me know.

Cheers!
For most professions I say the benchmark is what you would earn before tax in your home country plus accomodation and schooling if you have kids...if you are here more than a few years you will be financially better off than staying at home providing your are saving some of what you would have paid the taxman.

http://www.salaryexpert.com/index.cf...&Action=Search

That should give you an idea but I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the website.

N.

However
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

Thanks for the info and the link!

MM... I hope the switch from Econ to PR was good. In any case... they look like similar fields to me: you need to lie quite a lot in both

How is the PR world in Dubai? I am asking cause my fiancee (by the time I get my contract sorted out probably my wife) is in PR and she will be looking for a job in Dubai also.

Cheers! Good weekend!