Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Economical alternative routes from Dubai to Birmingham

Economical alternative routes from Dubai to Birmingham

Old Jun 1st 2021, 5:10 am
Just Joined

Expat in UAE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Economical alternative routes from Dubai to Birmingham

Folks, I am a British ex-pat currently living in Dubai and planning to go to Birmingham in the second week of June 2021. Any suggestions for economical alternative routes from Dubai to Birmingham to avoid UK compulsory hotel quarantine requirements? Thanks
Old Jun 1st 2021, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Economical alternative routes from Dubai to Birmingham

Originally Posted by Expat in UAE
Folks, I am a British ex-pat currently living in Dubai and planning to go to Birmingham in the second week of June 2021. Any suggestions for economical alternative routes from Dubai to Birmingham to avoid UK compulsory hotel quarantine requirements? Thanks
What are you looking for ? .... a green country to spend 10 days before arriving in the UK ? or an Illegal way to avoid quarantine ?
Old Jun 1st 2021, 5:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by UKMS
What are you looking for ? .... a green country to spend 10 days before arriving in the UK ? or an Illegal way to avoid quarantine ?
I suppose it wouldn't be illegal if you travel from a "Green" country or go to "Amber" first, spend 10 days, and then travel back to the UK? This would be as illegal as it is legitimate for the UK government to ask for compulsory hotel quarantine for someone who is fully vaccinated, Covid negative prior to departure, and willing to pay for two more tests at-home quarantine.
Now back to the question, any suggestions for economical alternative routes? - In particular, to avoid compulsory hotel quarantine, I should be ok with home quarantine.

Last edited by Expat in UAE; Jun 1st 2021 at 5:40 am.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing is illegal if you travel from a "Green" country or go to "Amber" first, spend 10 days, and then travel back to the UK. This would be as illegal as it is legitimate for the UK government to ask for compulsory quarantine for someone who is fully vaccinated, Covid negative prior to departure, and willing to pay for two more tests at-home quarantine.
Now back to the question, any suggestions for economical alternative routes?
Thats why I said 10 days in a green country OR an illegal way …… your question didn’t make it clear simply saying you wanted to AVOID quarantine
Old Jun 1st 2021, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

What options have you found so far ? ........ Is it essential to fly into Birmingham as you are limiting your options quite a lot ? Is Heathrow or Manchester an option ?

I'm aware of one colleague who has gone in via Serbia ..... stayed 14 days there and then on to UK (not sure of the flight details from Serbia)
Old Jun 1st 2021, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Feel like you want us to do your leg work.

Simple really, find a green/yellow country. Book a flight, AirBNB. fill your boots.

I'm probably going via Spain.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 8:46 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Feel like you want us to do your leg work.

Simple really, find a green/yellow country. Book a flight, AirBNB. fill your boots.

I'm probably going via Spain.
That's basically it.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by psychopomp1
Easy peasy.
Until you get caught and hit with a £10k fine

Don't you think that the UAE are working out ways to reduce this as part of the quest to get off the UK red list, it's part of the reason we are on it (aside of the other politics)

Last edited by UKMS; Jun 1st 2021 at 9:17 am.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Calm down love, I was fully vaccinated when I entered the country.
A question for you ......... would you deliberately flout the law or skip quarantine going into Qatar or UAE (if it were required)
Old Jun 1st 2021, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough

And nobody has carried or caught covid post vaccine ?
Hence why I said “very low risk”. Around 5% for those who have had both Pfizer jabs iirc.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough

A question for you ......... would you deliberately flout the law or skip quarantine going into Qatar or UAE (if it were required)
Those who are fully vaccinated are no longer required to quarantine in Qatar for 7 days. Perhaps the UK should follow suit?

Last edited by psychopomp1; Jun 1st 2021 at 11:03 am.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: Economical alternative routes from Dubai to Birmingham

Hence why I said “very low risk”. Around 5% for those who have had both Pfizer jabs iirc.
Reality is nobody knows how many carry it and spread it after vaccine ....... so you had a 5% chance of spreading it ..... thats OK then as long as it's not one of your own family who contracts it and dies ........ f^ck everyone else

Not sure what's more stupid ..... doing it in the first place or giving it the biggie on here boasting about it
Old Jun 1st 2021, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Those who are fully vaccinationed are no longer required to quarantine in Qatar for 7 days. Perhaps the UK should follow suit?
Doesnt matter what is required ..... I asked whether you would flout the law if it was required ? (I guess not) ..... whats the point in any country having quarantine or restrictions .... In your world its not required anywhere as long as it suits you
Old Jun 1st 2021, 11:58 am
Just Joined

What options have you found so far ? ........ Is it essential to fly into Birmingham as you are limiting your options quite a lot ? Is Heathrow or Manchester an option ?

I'm aware of one colleague who has gone in via Serbia ..... stayed 14 days there and then on to UK (not sure of the flight details from Serbia)
Probably via Spain or Bahrain. I suppose Spain is a relatively safer option retrospectively.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Probably via Spain or Bahrain. I suppose Spain is a relatively safer option retrospectively.
https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/profesio.../nCov/spth.htm

List of countries and areas from which a negative diagnostic test for active SARSCoV-2 infection will be required from passengers before entering Spain. VALIDITY: This list will come into force at 12:00am (midnight) on May 24th ,

List of countries and areas from which a negative diagnostic test for active SARSCoV-2 infection will be required from passengers before entering Spain. VALIDITY: This list will come into force at 12:00am (midnight) on June 7 th , 2021 and will be valid until 12:00am (midnight) on June 20th , 2021:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.