British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Early Day s but any info gratefully received (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/early-day-s-but-any-info-gratefully-received-811828/)

Faye Cheshire Oct 11th 2013 6:20 am

Early Day s but any info gratefully received

There is a chance that my husband will be working in Abu Dhabi. I have done some research myself and feel that I would enjoy life there.

I like the sound of Al Reem to live.

Any information about the area and what life is like would be great and a good way to introduce myself to the site.

Many thanks in advance

Faye Cheshire

flares Oct 11th 2013 10:46 am

Re: Early Day s but any info gratefully received

UAE and Abu Dhabi in particular is best place in ME to live in my opinion.

Al Reem Island is probably the worst place to live in Abu Dhabi

Good luck Ms Cheshire

talulamercedes Oct 11th 2013 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Faye Cheshire (Post 10939648)
There is a chance that my husband will be working in Abu Dhabi. I have done some research myself and feel that I would enjoy life there.

I like the sound of Al Reem to live.

Any information about the area and what life is like would be great and a good way to introduce myself to the site.

Many thanks in advance

Faye Cheshire

Hi Faye

I'm not in the Middle East as yet so won't be able to give the advice others will but I wanted to say hi nontheless - my husband and I are moving to Abu Dhabi in November and we can't wait! I have spent quite a bit of time there visiting clients previously and love the city and the people I have met there.

Hope you get loads of good info from the folks on here :)

Faye Cheshire Oct 11th 2013 3:19 pm

:goodpost: Thank you so much. You are lucky to be actually going. With us it's a maybe if my husband gets the job he wants

Tockalosh Oct 13th 2013 1:20 am

Faye, its all about bucks here

So hubbys salary will determine where you live. You might get a more usefull response from the posters in Abu Dhabi if you mention budget. I appreciate its a little course and coleshaw farmish but bucks determine everything in Abu Dhabi

If I still lived there and had the cash then I would live in Khalidya village or whatever it was called just off 7th street, a little less cash would push me further out on the island and a little less cash still would see me in Mussafah in a glorious villa just like my frend has.

Quote the budget and the AD members will help I am sure

xx

Faye Cheshire Oct 13th 2013 9:53 am

Thank you. Your reply has helped a lot. I will do as you say. Not sure yet whether I will stay here and carry on working or more likely we will both go so that will limit us a bit

thanks again faye cheshire