Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

E-Life and Evision HD con

E-Life and Evision HD con

Old Dec 4th 2010, 6:07 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default E-Life and Evision HD con

I 'upgraded' with Etisalat to an E-Life package.

Basically this gave me a couple of 'add-ons' with my phone line, but I got it mainly due to the fact that my internet would be upgraded from 1 megawotsits to 8 megawotsits.

It is now slower than before, and often timeouts between pages and when submitting to threads like these.

They sent a guy round to check who said that he checked the speed and that it was definitley OK, but it may be that it is my wireless capability which is causing the problems.

I have tried using the plug in wire which improves it slightly, but it is certainly not 8 times faster than before, nowhere near.

Fix! what can I do?

I also 'upgraded' to HD package with Evision. HD channels are great, though there are only about 10. You can record programmes, but many do not appear on the channel guide (ie it is a solid bar and does not indicate what/when progs are on). There is not any guide for any of the HD channels.

In addition it randomly records things I have not set (like 4 hours of sky news!).

Fix! what can I do?
Old Dec 4th 2010, 12:57 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-Life and Evision HD con

cancel the whole lot