E gate card...

Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: E gate card...

Originally Posted by Dago
The iris scan thing is a joke. I agree with the added security but the technology does not work at present. I joined the long queue at LHR and enviously watched a guy confidently approach THE IRIS SCANNER. He did things to it and it shouted at him to move closer; he did and it shouted at him to move further away. This cycle was repeated until his lips moved to form the FFS phrase. He joined my queue.

This did not happen in the film Minority Report - it might have spoiled it. On the other hand I might have understood it...
speaking of iris scanning etc... anyone else understand why security measures designed to protect the "freedom" of the people are basically stripping it away? or is that too political for this time in the morning? lol
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:05 am
W10

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
That was the best thing about Dubai (apart from leaving). Going back to the UK and queuing for ages was a right pain after being able to breeze in and out with the e-gate card. They can get things right sometimes.

Is that horrible and negative?
No - its great. Just need to get ground crew to (at least once) get the luggage on the carousel within 30 mins

Great when I'm on a short hop and have no cases, soul destroying wait when you have checked in bags as it seems you have waited so much longer!!

Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
No - its great. Just need to get ground crew to (at least once) get the luggage on the carousel within 30 mins

Great when I'm on a short hop and have no cases, soul destroying wait when you have checked in bags as it seems you have waited so much longer!!
oh you are so right...but i reckon Heathrow is worse though. It drives me insane...you get out in record time and then wait hours for the friggin bags.

MM, xx
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:43 am
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold

I find that when coming from the UK it is much better to use LGW. Less queues, less risk on the M25, Less risk in crossing London and much nicer. You also get upgraded far more often because the Gatwick Flight (from Dubai anyway) is usually not full. Returning the baggage palava is much simpler at Gatwick. The new business class lounge is much better than the new one in Heathrow too. Security is just as slow.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dago
I find that when coming from the UK it is much better to use LGW. Less queues, less risk on the M25, Less risk in crossing London and much nicer. You also get upgraded far more often because the Gatwick Flight (from Dubai anyway) is usually not full. Returning the baggage palava is much simpler at Gatwick. The new business class lounge is much better than the new one in Heathrow too. Security is just as slow.
maybe...but i live Heathrow side, lol...

MM, xx
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
maybe...but i live Heathrow side, lol...

MM, xx
was just thinking the same thing, and traffic from gatwick through the dartford tunnel is just wrong
Old Aug 14th 2007, 11:15 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
had one for ages, get it for free with skywards!!

agree its essential
Ditto. Much easier. And Skyward Silver & Gold means you have quick check-ins and fast-track through security in the UK.

I hate queueing.

EDIT - Also agree that LGW is much nicer than LHW, esp as Emirates flies from North Terminal which is never as busy as the others. Luggage is usually fairly quick too. And last time I flew into LGW I was caught with way over my duty-free allowances, but a nice man let me off without any fines, allowed me to keep it all & just told me to read a leaflet next time!

Last edited by Meow; Aug 14th 2007 at 11:17 am.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

but I tend to fly with Virgin and they only go from Heathrow. Doubt I will book withthen again though after last time!
Old Aug 14th 2007, 11:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
but I tend to fly with Virgin and they only go from Heathrow. Doubt I will book withthen again though after last time!
i love Virgin...let's hope my faith in them is justified tomorrow, lol...

MM, xx
Old Aug 14th 2007, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

MM, xx
service on the flight has been ok, its just the booking service and the idiots at heathrow that hve been the problem

have a good flight back
Old Aug 14th 2007, 12:04 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

MM, xx
Oh.. is it tomorrow
Old Aug 14th 2007, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by beebee
Oh.. is it tomorrow
yes...sadly...!

MM, xx
Old Aug 14th 2007, 1:05 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

yes...sadly...!

MM, xx
Well hurry back.. did you know FD is home?
Old Aug 14th 2007, 1:13 pm
live life to the max

mythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond repute

yes...sadly...!

MM, xx
well enjoy the hol. xx
Old Aug 14th 2007, 1:20 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

MM, xx
business class with any airline is good!

yes Fairy is back !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.