Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Duty free alcohol allowance-Dubai

Duty free alcohol allowance-Dubai

Old Mar 23rd 2019, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

cookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of light
Default Duty free alcohol allowance-Dubai

Hello,
Two questions please:

1. Can you help me with the duty free alcohol allowance when entering Dubai. There is different information in various websites. We are carrying wine from the UK into Dubai and not buying it in the duty free section at arrivals in the Dubai Airport.

2. We are carrying Israeli Kosher wine from UK to Dubai. We are not Jewish, only that our family in Dubai likes that wine. Do you folks forsee any issues with this assuming we are within duty free the alcohol allowance?

Thank you for your kind insights.
Old Mar 23rd 2019, 1:03 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Duty free alcohol allowance-Dubai

https://www.dubai-online.com/essential/customs/

4 litres of spirits/wine per person or 48 x 355ml cans of beer. If you’re carrying wine that’s 5 x 75cl bottles.

Israeli products are prohibited.
Old Mar 28th 2019, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

I once asked a customs officer at DXB how much I could bring through, and he said, "We don't care."

No guarantee you'll get the same bloke of course.
Old Apr 18th 2019, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

cookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of light

I carried a total of 8 bottles (6 litres @750ml a bottle) between me and my wife. I went through the green channel and was let through with no questions asked.
Old Apr 21st 2019, 5:01 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookiedad
Hello,
Two questions please:

1. Can you help me with the duty free alcohol allowance when entering Dubai. There is different information in various websites. We are carrying wine from the UK into Dubai and not buying it in the duty free section at arrivals in the Dubai Airport.

2. We are carrying Israeli Kosher wine from UK to Dubai. We are not Jewish, only that our family in Dubai likes that wine. Do you folks forsee any issues with this assuming we are within duty free the alcohol allowance?

Thank you for your kind insights.
You hold a Qatari residency, which is enough to get you stopped at Immigration, and you also want to carry Israeli goods through Customs?

You looking to get your name in the Daily Mail????