dubai vs. Kuwait cost of living

dubai vs. Kuwait cost of living

Old Dec 28th 2005, 7:52 am
Banned

aikara is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile dubai vs. Kuwait cost of living

Hi All,

Need some quick suggestions.

I am IT person currently based out of kuwait . Get a package of about 1400KD(equivalent to about 18000 AED) per month all inclusive (basic salary +House + Company maintained Car + Company take care of basic medical insurance).

I am exploring options in dubai.The question is what will be the equivalent salary in Dubai for me have a similar standard of living that i have in Kuwait (2 bed house in a decent location , A decent car ,a maid , basically a good lifestyle and decent saving of about 9000 AED per month).

I would appreciate it if someone can suggest some practical figures (i have a senior managerial profile with 10 year workex with some of the top IT firms worldwide)

TIA
Old Dec 28th 2005, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: dubai vs. Kuwait cost of living

Originally Posted by aikara
Hi All,

I am IT person currently based out of kuwait . Get a package of about 1400KD(equivalent to about 18000 AED) per month all inclusive (basic salary +House + Company maintained Car + Company take care of basic medical insurance).

I am exploring options in dubai.The question is what will be the equivalent salary in Dubai for me have a similar standard of living that i have in Kuwait (2 bed house in a decent location , A decent car ,a maid , basically a good lifestyle and decent saving of about 9000 AED per month).

I would appreciate it if someone can suggest some practical figures (i have a senior managerial profile with 10 year workex with some of the top IT firms worldwide)

TIA

If you're saving AED9000 a month....better get at least AED30,000
Old Dec 28th 2005, 8:57 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

and to add to SM, it depends on what you do in IT, as you may be hard pushed to get half that.

There have been loads and loads of threads on this, just browse this forum.

M
Old Dec 28th 2005, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Peterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nice

Originally Posted by Singlemom
If you're saving AED9000 a month....better get at least AED30,000
Do you or any body know how this would compare to living and working in Qatar.

Kuwait salary AED18,000 - saving AED9,000 per month.

Dubai salary AED30,000 - saving AED9,000 per month.

Qatar salary AED??,??? - saving AED9,000 per month.

Regards

Peter.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Peterrod
Do you or any body know how this would compare to living and working in Qatar.

Kuwait salary AED18,000 - saving AED9,000 per month.

Dubai salary AED30,000 - saving AED9,000 per month.

Qatar salary AED??,??? - saving AED9,000 per month.

Regards

Peter.
Sorry..no idea.
I know that salaries in Qatar are quite high and things are still not as expensive as Dubai. It's a good time to move there by the way...

Last edited by Singlemom; Dec 28th 2005 at 12:40 pm. Reason: TYPO
Old Dec 28th 2005, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Peterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nice

Originally Posted by Singlemom
Sorry..no idea.
I know that salaries in Qatar are quite high and things are still not as expensive as Dubai. It's a good time to move there by the way...
Many thanks for your reply.

Best Regards

Peter.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 1:12 pm
W10

Salaries and cost of living in Qatar are indeed far more favourable than Dubai - and I believe you still get proper 'expat packages' which are hard to come by in Dubai.

However, the place is supposed to be mind numbingly dull - so you'd have to earn enough to be able to fly to Dubai at least once a week without it denting your wallet.

Old Dec 28th 2005, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aikara
Hi All,

TIA
Are you on a single or married status contract.

Best Regards

Peter.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 1:31 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Salaries and cost of living in Qatar are indeed far more favourable than Dubai - and I believe you still get proper 'expat packages' which are hard to come by in Dubai.

However, the place is supposed to be mind numbingly dull - so you'd have to earn enough to be able to fly to Dubai at least once a week without it denting your wallet.

OOeerrrr I have lived in Qatar for over a year now and not once felt the need to go to Dubai.........................it scares me that if I get anywhere near Dubai I would get a permanent depression once back in Doha:scared:

No, honestly I guess it depends what kind of lifestyle ure looking for. Me, as a Mum, I can say that Doha is very safe and so child friendly. Loads of restaurants and some nice places to go to but on the other hand being single can be a bit boring tho know loads of singles who lead a v good life and party pretty hard here. I guess it depends on what u make out of it in the end and as long as the cash is coming in then theres loads of things u can do
Old Dec 28th 2005, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by W10

Your comment could be right if you were on a single status contract but I think this would not apply if you were on a family status contract i.e.Wife + Daughter / 13 years,I have lived on family status in Saudi Arabia for 25 years,got married there and Daughter was born there.

Regards

Peter.

Last edited by Peterrod; Dec 28th 2005 at 1:35 pm. Reason: Added text
Old Dec 28th 2005, 1:41 pm
W10

Originally Posted by Malteser
OOeerrrr I have lived in Qatar for over a year now and not once felt the need to go to Dubai.........................it scares me that if I get anywhere near Dubai I would get a permanent depression once back in Doha:scared:

No, honestly I guess it depends what kind of lifestyle ure looking for. Me, as a Mum, I can say that Doha is very safe and so child friendly. Loads of restaurants and some nice places to go to but on the other hand being single can be a bit boring tho know loads of singles who lead a v good life and party pretty hard here. I guess it depends on what u make out of it in the end and as long as the cash is coming in then theres loads of things u can do
I'm not saying I wouldn't live there. In fact, I'm giving it serious consideration - as money is my prime motivator at the moment.

Just saying that if you want big city life then you would need to escape the country frequently. Dubai is less than an hour away anyway, so it would be perfectly managable to have the best of both worlds.

Every place has its pros and cons - and Dubai is far from perfect too.

Last edited by W10; Dec 28th 2005 at 1:44 pm.

Old Dec 28th 2005, 1:44 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I'm not saying I wouldn't live there. In fact, I'm giving it serious consideration - as money is my prime motivator at the moment.

Just saying that if you want big city life then you would need to escape the country frequently. Dubai is less than an hour away anyway, so it would be perfectly managable to have the best of both worlds.

YUP..............all so true
Old Dec 28th 2005, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by W10

Is it easy to get in and out of Qatar to travel to Dubai as in Saudi Arabia all your family's passports must go to the Immigration Department for an exit / re-entry visa minimium 5 working days in advance of your travel.

Regards

Peter.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 1:51 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Originally Posted by Peterrod
Is it easy to get in and out of Qatar to travel to Dubai as in Saudi Arabia all your family's passports must go to the Immigration Department for an exit / re-entry visa minimium 5 working days in advance of your travel.

Regards

Peter.

Shouldnt be difficult Pete. I think u have to get the Multiple Exit Permit then u can leave the country whenever u want and without yr employer having to give u permission bla bla bla. I think this happens all over the Middle East. Red tape as usual
Old Dec 28th 2005, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Malteser
Shouldnt be difficult Pete. I think u have to get the Multiple Exit Permit then u can leave the country whenever u want and without yr employer having to give u permission bla bla bla. I think this happens all over the Middle East. Red tape as usual
If you have a multiple 6 months exit re-entry visa in your passport in Saudi Arabia you still need a travel letter renewed by your employer monthly through the Immigration Department.

Regards

Peter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.