Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Visitor Visa Extension

Dubai Visitor Visa Extension

Old May 4th 2008, 10:11 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of
Angry Dubai Visitor Visa Extension

Despite being assured that there would be no issues with the submission of my application for a residents visa, I find out today that the admin people where I work have made a right pigs ear of it. Consequently, my application is on hold.

I entered Dubai on a 60 day visitor visa. It expires on Wednesday this week. I understand it can be extended for another 30 days - for a fee?

Where and how do I get the visa extension?

TIA
Old May 4th 2008, 7:50 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Visitor Visa Extension

Leave the country, come back in. Lots of people just drive over the Omani border at Hatta and immediately turn round again.
Old May 4th 2008, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly63
Despite being assured that there would be no issues with the submission of my application for a residents visa, I find out today that the admin people where I work have made a right pigs ear of it. Consequently, my application is on hold.

I entered Dubai on a 60 day visitor visa. It expires on Wednesday this week. I understand it can be extended for another 30 days - for a fee?

Where and how do I get the visa extension?

TIA
just go to one of the Immigration (DNRD) Offices. The main one is just before the Trade Centre Roundabout as you are heading out of Dubai.

someone also mentioned on here that there is one in the Bin Sougat centre near the airport.
Old May 5th 2008, 12:10 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Having done both the extension and the Hatta visa run, I'd say they're about equally stressful (i.e. not very - unless you get flustered easily by pointless bureaucracy), but the extension is significantly more expensive. It is, however, much faster from Dubai.
Old May 5th 2008, 2:17 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

I braved the DNRD bureaux this morning and got my extension . DHR 550 .

Granted, doing the 'Oman Run' is a much better option if you have a car and don't mind driving.