Just Joined

fazsnatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dubai Visa Rules

Hi guys,

Can anyone explain Dubai rules on how long you can live there:

- Without a job
- Just renting a property
- If you purchased a property
- If just initially oging on holiday can this be extended?

I was just thinking of going Dubai without a job what chances do I have

Thank you
Old Aug 18th 2013, 11:37 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Dubai Visa Rules

Where is your passport from?

You can't rent a property without a residence visa, you can't get a residence visa without a job. You can buy a property (if you really want to), but you still don't get a residence visa.

If you have a UK passport then you can get 30 days free tourist visa on arrival, this can be extended as often as you want by doing visa runs usually to Oman.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 4:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Kix
Where is your passport from?

You can't rent a property without a residence visa, you can't get a residence visa without a job. You can buy a property (if you really want to), but you still don't get a residence visa.

If you have a UK passport then you can get 30 days free tourist visa on arrival, this can be extended as often as you want by doing visa runs usually to Oman.
Is that correct?

I thought if you bought a property over x value (1,000,000 I last thought?) then you get a three year renewable visa, no?
Old Aug 19th 2013, 5:50 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Is that correct?

I thought if you bought a property over x value (1,000,000 I last thought?) then you get a three year renewable visa, no?
In June property related visas were extended for thre years, having previously been six months and different periods before that. And a single property has to be worth at least AED 1M.

Those are the latest rules, but no doubt they'll change again...
Old Aug 19th 2013, 5:54 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

That was the case from one of the developers a few years back, in effect the developer sponsored you, but that was stopped at the crash.

Maybe it's started again, you know the rules change here with the wind.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 7:46 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
In June property related visas were extended for thre years, having previously been six months and different periods before that. And a single property has to be worth at least AED 1M.

Those are the latest rules, but no doubt they'll change again...
that is interesting, but like you say it may well change