Reload this Page >

Dubai Visa Requirements...?

Dubai Visa Requirements...?

Old Mar 10th 2008, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

lisalou24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dubai Visa Requirements...?

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me? We are looking to move to Dubai, we both currently are self-employed, online business.

However, we are looking to move to the Dubai.

Would this be possible? Obviosuly, we wouldn't have an employer to give us an employment sponsor...was just trying to see if anyone knew where we would stand?

Once we have settled in I would actually like to consider opening a shop within Dubai (of course if it would work out profitable) also. However, this isn't yet confirmed and isn't definate.

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks
Old Mar 10th 2008, 2:53 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Visa Requirements...?

I can't see it working out for you to be honest. You need a visa to do practically everything. Commercial Rents really are pricey as well, something half decent in one of the Malls will be about 700,000 dhs per annum. To come legally you would have to get an investors visa and set up a business. It is illegal to work from home so you would have to get an office etc. Is there no chance one of you could get a job - hence a visa etc.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:11 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

it can be done but it wont be cheap.
cheapest way is to open a business with a local partner, that business can be online but you'll still need a local co for a visa etc.
pm me if you want more info.
or do a search there was a post on this a few months back
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:04 pm
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold

Look they are not going to set up in a mall fr chrissakes are they - they have an online business!!

It is not that hard to get sponsors and they are not that expendsive. The one who does the booze at the airport sells them CHEAPLY as an alternative source of income. Cant remember the name but they are huge.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:33 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Old Lob
Look they are not going to set up in a mall fr chrissakes are they - they have an online business!!

It is not that hard to get sponsors and they are not that expendsive. The one who does the booze at the airport sells them CHEAPLY as an alternative source of income. Cant remember the name but they are huge.

That will be the Al ****** mob.

Thing is, remember the monopoly of Etisilat and Du.Remember more the sanitisation.What genre of business you selling/promoting/samesame?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:11 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Old Lob

no its not too bad depending how you do it but compared to the uk where its about 100 quid to set up legally, the costs here are a joke and a hell of a lot more than 100 quid
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

lisalou24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks everyone!

I can imagine that a shop in a mall would be quite expensive as are the properties.

If it was still ok to sell online then I would probably stick to this, however, I just wasn't sure if this would be granted a visa as thought maybe I might actually need a 'physical' job to be employeed by a company?

If we were to sell online someone mentioned its illegal to work from home, so we would have to get an office. If so, this is fine.

We sell ladies shoes (Swarovski Crystal & Rhinestone) for special occasions like wedding/prom/party shoes. I am now in the process of actually having my own brand name and own 'exclusive' styles designed.

We thought that these might do well in Dubai also if we were to think of opening a shop, but don't want to do so if not profitable at all? we would need to work out all the financial stuff out to be sure...

Does anyone have a link where I can get all the information with regards to visas for self-employment etc in dubai?

Thanks everyone...
Old Mar 11th 2008, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

the ladeez on this board wouldn't be able to help... they all wear Crocs
Old Mar 11th 2008, 6:04 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisalou24
We sell ladies shoes (Swarovski Crystal & Rhinestone) for special occasions
Can we see a picture?
Old Mar 11th 2008, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
the ladeez on this board wouldn't be able to help... they all wear Crocs
poor Vikram. It was a pleasure to have met you. I'm sure the turnout at your funeral will be good.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
poor Vikram. It was a pleasure to have met you. I'm sure the turnout at your funeral will be good.

i've never even seen a Croc
Old Mar 11th 2008, 6:52 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
Can we see a picture?
great idea, send us a link to your website
Old Mar 11th 2008, 7:34 am
**** it we'll do it live

self employment (as a legally defined working state) here is virtually impossible. there are only a few categories of work that are eligable for a self employed visa and these are hardly ever granted to non nationals.
As i said you will have to start a company and become an employee albeit a director but an employee none the less. At that point you can be sponsored by your company to get a residence visa and employment visa.
Your options include:
co. 100% owned by you if you set up in a free zone
co. 49% owned by yoiu if you set up outside a free zone
If you wish to trade in the UAE then you must (by law) set up outside a free zone.
There are numerous ways of setting up a locaL co. from knowing and trusting a local whom you then set up with to using a company who do it as a business in its own right.
That is the category you would probably be in, they take an annual fee and sometimes a monthly fee instead of a profit share and you get your business with full management and profit control and all visas etc. sometimes you wont need an office either as they already have premises and as a joint venture partnership with them you may be covered by their office arrangement and as such could work from home, although you'd need to keep quiet about that when dealing with the govt etc.

As I said do a search on here as I posted a load of links before for the relevant agencies etc. Also if you want more info on a company to set up with I have a brit friend who does this so pm me and i'll send the details
Old Mar 11th 2008, 7:38 am
Concierge

what about the trade licenses you can get from say Links?
Old Mar 11th 2008, 7:46 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
what about the trade licenses you can get from say Links?

exactly, links are a company whom are 51% owned by a local as such they offer joint venture (jv) partnerships for a fee. You then have a JV which is technically 51% owned by a local (links) but you have complete management and profit control and are sponsored by links to get your employment and residency visas. Thus you are all legal and above board and are in effect self employed but legally an employee of a JV.
Although that route is a pain when it comes to gettings stuff from banks etc as all paperwork needs to be processed by links, not impossible just a pain.

My business is set up in a similar fashion and whilst its not perfect, on a day to day level it works pretty well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.