Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

DUBAI Visa - company cancelled my residency 1 year after i left

DUBAI Visa - company cancelled my residency 1 year after i left

Old Feb 1st 2019, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Stoneroses1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DUBAI Visa - company cancelled my residency 1 year after i left

Hello britishexpats my 1st post! A question to you guys if you could please help me...

So i was sponsored and had a residency visa through the company i worked for, i worked there for 13 months then transferred back to UK with the same company.. turns out they didnt cancel my visa until 1 year after i had left. So i left march 2017 and they cancelled my visa march 2018.

they sent me the visa cancellation certificate. The reason for cancellation was - out of country and res expiry. (They wouldnt have said i abscondered as i could end up back working there on trips)
in the box that says Ban: that is left blank so nothing is indicated (which i think is good news)
however in the notes at the bottom by the residency affairs people it says note 'the person has left the country on: (on the date i had left 1 year prior.

So should i be ok to enter Dubai now on a visa on arrival without issues?

Credit card was cancelled with no issues prior to leaving and bank account was cancelled after leaving with no issues.

Any information greatly appreciated

thanks

Last edited by Stoneroses1; Feb 1st 2019 at 9:36 pm. Reason: Missed out dubai in my title
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DUBAI Visa - company cancelled my residency 1 year after i left

something not right here, your visa would have been cancelled automatically after 6 months anyway.

you'll be fine, what's the worst that can happen?
Old Feb 3rd 2019, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DUBAI Visa - company cancelled my residency 1 year after i left

Not sure what the problem is? Sounds like the visa was canceled properly and there was just a delay in generating/sending the paperwork. Which happens.

If something does come up, they just take you to a little side window next to the immigration booths and fix it in 5 minutes.