Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

DUBAI unmarried couples with kids visa query

DUBAI unmarried couples with kids visa query

Old Jan 25th 2023, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Sbuk88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DUBAI unmarried couples with kids visa query

Apologies if this has been asked before, but currently looking at moving from UK to either Dubai or Abu Dhabi. My partner will be getting a job in place before we go and will be the main earner. I also plan to work, but may wait to find a job when in the country. We have two children (12 & 14) and We are unmarried.

i have found lots of conflicting info online around unmarried couples - is it possible for us to get a family visa if unmarried? Would it be easier if I had a job offer before leaving relocating?

Any advice is much appreciated.
Sb
Old Jan 26th 2023, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DUBAI unmarried couples with kids visa query

Although the law changed about unmarried couples living together, I'm pretty sure that your partner cannot sponsor you if unmarried but can sponsor the children. There are other options for you to get a visa, so no big rush to get a job but the big sticking point could be that your partners medical would not cover you if not sponsored.

You would also need to check with your partners company that in these circumstances any education allowance (if there is one) would cover in these circumstances but that would be up to the company concerned.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm incorrect about the sponsorship.

Edit .... Also to add that I have assumed the children are yours as a couple with no step-parents involved , if there is, there potentially will be a few more hoops to jump through.

Hope that helps

Last edited by UKMS; Jan 26th 2023 at 6:21 am.