Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai/UAE/GCC housing

Dubai/UAE/GCC housing

Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:35 am
Just Joined

johnyzee has a spectacular aura aboutjohnyzee has a spectacular aura aboutjohnyzee has a spectacular aura about
Default Dubai/UAE/GCC housing

Does anyone know a place online for Dubai/UAE/GCC real estate? It must include prices and pictures. I tried the big contractor sites but they just have generic descriptions of their different projects.

From experience, what would you people think would be the price range of a one or two bedroom flat in Dubai (high to low)?

Are all Dubai house loans based on interest (what with their so called islamic banks)? Or are there other systems and how do they work? What is the interest rate on a house loan, or the equivalent if there are other types of financing?

Appreciate any info on this!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:38 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai/UAE/GCC housing

Two bedrooom can be upto 65k per year. depending on the location this rate can go upto 160k!

Am i right guys?
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:52 am
Just Joined

johnyzee has a spectacular aura aboutjohnyzee has a spectacular aura aboutjohnyzee has a spectacular aura about

Sorry for being unclear, I am asking about the price of buying the property, not renting.

An one more thing: If I buy an appartment I should get a residence permit automatically right? If so, will this permit be contingent on me having a job or actually staying in the country?
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:00 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnyzee
Sorry for being unclear, I am asking about the price of buying the property, not renting.

An one more thing: If I buy an appartment I should get a residence permit automatically right? If so, will this permit be contingent on me having a job or actually staying in the country?
Technically yes, however in a conversation with some long-term residents the other day apparently not a single person has been able to take advantage of this so called 'benefit' of property ownership yet due to it not actually being a law...so literally...no
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:33 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know a place online for Dubai/UAE/GCC real estate? It must include prices and pictures. I tried the big contractor sites but they just have generic descriptions of their different projects.

From experience, what would you people think would be the price range of a one or two bedroom flat in Dubai (high to low)?

Are all Dubai house loans based on interest (what with their so called islamic banks)? Or are there other systems and how do they work? What is the interest rate on a house loan, or the equivalent if there are other types of financing?

Appreciate any info on this!

Is there not any links in the FAQ at top of ME forum index
Old Oct 21st 2005, 6:09 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Is there not any links in the FAQ at top of ME forum index
there are....with links to other sites that could probably help out...not to mention probably most of the banks out there *l*
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 3:42 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

If I buy an appartment I should get a residence permit automatically right?
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure you will....) but the residency sponsorship piece is brought about by the developer sponsoring you. (I guess a bit like me sponsoring wife and kids) The sponsor can withdraw sponsorship at any moment, for any reason (you're late paying your bills perhaps?). If you're out of UAE for 6 months your residency automatically lapses.

Basically it's not it's all cracked upto, these marketeers eh?
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 5:31 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Whereabouts are you at the moment - if you are in the UK can post the property pages to you next week as hubby going over - which might help?
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Whereabouts are you at the moment - if you are in the UK can post the property pages to you next week as hubby going over - which might help?
Hubby is the resident Fedex man????
Thats what I call personalized door to door delivery.....
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 6:01 am
Its all good

Originally Posted by shoushou
Hubby is the resident Fedex man????
Thats what I call personalized door to door delivery.....

Yes didn't I tell you that Just trying to help being the kind person I am
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Yes didn't I tell you that Just trying to help being the kind person I am
The ubiquitous postman eh???

I better go out and sweep the 1,000dhs notes off the streets....
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 6:05 am
Its all good

Originally Posted by shoushou
The ubiquitous postman eh???

I better go out and sweep the 1,000dhs notes off the streets....

Don't understand any of your posts this morning Had a bad morning already, went to dentist (wrong day -appointment tomorrow) - came out of there and had a flat tyre - think somebody must be trying to tell me something
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 6:07 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Would that be that because your dentist is a pathological liar and closet tyre-slasher...... That you should change dentists???
Don't understand any of your posts this morning Had a bad morning already, went to dentist (wrong day -appointment tomorrow) - came out of there and had a flat tyre - think somebody must be trying to tell me something
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 6:08 am
Its all good

Originally Posted by MJC
Would that be that because your dentist is a pathological liar and closet tyre-slasher...... That you should change dentists???

Think you have hit the nail on the head there (nail - flat tyre - get it!!!)
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 6:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thats the effect of coke in the morning.....

And of course someone is trying to tell you something;you should have your priorities straight,have the flat tyre first and then,go to the dentist....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.