dubai tv - want football and cricket channels

dubai tv - want football and cricket channels

Old Mar 9th 2008, 6:59 am
dub
Forum Regular

dub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dubai tv - want football and cricket channels

Hi,

getting a package with Du. got the flatscreen and only really interested in watching:

1. football - premiership, fa cup and champions league etc with english commentary

2. cricket - pretty much any international cricket that's on.

Can anyone advise which tv packages I should be getting. du are hopeless - I gave them this criteria and they've given me art and showtime family. i seem to get some of the football i wanted but not all (and the sudanese football i get does not make up for it) and zero cricket.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:08 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dubai tv - want football and cricket channels

you should have show sports with Showtime? we have and we get it via DU, no FA cup stuff but the Premier League and most other sporting stuff
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you should have show sports with Showtime? we have and we get it via DU, no FA cup stuff but the Premier League and most other sporting stuff
Showtime is no good for cricket though
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Showtime is no good for cricket though
i knew it had to have some redeeming features...

MM, xx
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

For cricket check out some of the packages aimed at Indian nationals. Star Sports comes to mind. whilst naturally the emphasis is on Indian cricket, they do show non clashing games for other nations eg England in Sri Lanka recently.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:56 am
dub
Forum Regular

cheers for all the replies so far. seems for

1. football - seems all i need is showsports. that will give me the premiership and they show a number of games simultaneoulsy?

do they also cover the champions league? haven't noticed them on showtime but have noticed them on art albeit in arabic.

guess for the fa cup i can always go to a pub.

2. cricket - need to explore how to get star sports and ten sports. will that cover all the cricket available? for instance who is showing New Zealand v England?

thanks
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:57 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

if you go through your EPG thing and check all the channels you will find all sorts of stuff, Al Jazeera shows alot of sport but in arabic
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

you get Al Jazeera sports 1/2/+1/+2 on Du's Showtime cable packages. You get the European games there.

Showtime is spot on for Premiership, but it ends there.

I have heard of a wider selection of games on Orbit, incl SPL?
Old Mar 9th 2008, 1:07 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Best bet is probably DSTV but you need to know someone who will be able to get you a card and sort out a subscription for you, as its technically illegal here. The hardware is easy enough to come by. Most of the sport is shown on there although showtime is better for premiership. Maybe run the two side by side, although DSTv does cost the same as the top showtime package so in total you will be paying almost double the cost of a full sky package - and most of the channels are crap
Old Mar 9th 2008, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Matthew-C has a brilliant futureMatthew-C has a brilliant futureMatthew-C has a brilliant futureMatthew-C has a brilliant futureMatthew-C has a brilliant futureMatthew-C has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dub
cheers for all the replies so far. seems for

1. football - seems all i need is showsports. that will give me the premiership and they show a number of games simultaneoulsy?

do they also cover the champions league? haven't noticed them on showtime but have noticed them on art albeit in arabic.

guess for the fa cup i can always go to a pub.

2. cricket - need to explore how to get star sports and ten sports. will that cover all the cricket available? for instance who is showing New Zealand v England?

thanks
Speaking of the FA cup. Did anyone catch the Barnsley-Chelsea game yesterday. We sent Chelsea home with their tails between their legs. I apolagise in advance.... but as a Barnsley fan I dont get many oppertunities to boast about the clubs sucess.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:32 pm
dub
Forum Regular

Just as a postscript i got

showtime family for the premiership

silver pehla package shows heaps of cricket

hope it helps someone else
Old Apr 16th 2008, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Any ideas if any channels show the Rugby League Super League clashes ?

One of the few things I will miss when I fly out in June !
Old Apr 16th 2008, 6:15 pm
dub
Forum Regular

i'm not a rugby man but i'm sure i've seen league on Showsports which you get with showtime family.

Will keep an eye out next time i'm channel hopping and if i see any i'll confirm.

service with a smile
Old Apr 16th 2008, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Dub

Make sure its Rugby League, not that boring game from 'darn sarf' played by public school boys !
Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

League and Union both on Showsports

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.