Dubai - the truth

Old Oct 9th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai - the truth

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
You were defo robbed darling! I always taxi and from Al Barsha to Madinat is 10dhs, Madinat to sho chos 15/20dhs Al Barsha to Verre 60dhs so I could go back and forth across the bridge about 6 times for what you were charged!!!
from al barsha to novotel, how much should we have paid??

Old Oct 9th 2007, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Well Al barsha to Emirates Tower Hotel is 30 dhs
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

I think she was talking monthly costs. Cabs in AD are dirt cheap - you can get anywhere on the island for less than 10 dhs. Most trips are under 5 dhs.

That isn't going to last long - the taxi fleet here is made up of cheap & nasty little camrys that have seen better days. A contract has just been signed to upgrade the fleet, and to implement a Dubai-style GPS & tele-booking system.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:51 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
Your name suits you

No not drunk but we did move around a lot, to and from barsh was 160 with tips

Nice comment.

How to win friends & influence people.....
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Nice comment.

How to win friends & influence people.....
if the cap fits???

Little miss expat

LOL
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:56 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

if the cap fits???

Little miss expat

LOL
Do you get off on insulting strangers? Or are you just another sad little troll?
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Do you get off on insulting strangers? Or are you just another sad little troll?
Hello

Read your posts

You have been on the attack the whole time

Dont dish it out if you cant take it

I have not called anyone a troll or anything like that

HAVE I
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

if the cap fits???

Little miss expat

LOL
What's all this "little miss expat" about? If a girl is small, single, and living abroad is this suddenly a bad thing?!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scarletfan
Hi Guys.

After recently joining this community, and reading some of the answers to questions posed, we could do with some assistance please.

Having never worked or travelled to the Middle East, I have some potential opportunities within the Construction sector, one in Dubai, one in Abu Dhabi.

I would appreciate some information please on the better of the 2 places to live and work. For example the quality of accommodation, indicative prices, social life, shopping etc. I have been told that travel wise there is about 1 hour between these 2 locations, so is it wise to work, say, in Abu Dhabi and live in Dubai, or is traffic a nightmare!

Any views gratefully received, and thanks for taking the time to respond.
Hi Scarletfan - I'm afraid your question has gone totally off thread. We seem to have a trouble-maker on the board today busily putting noses out of joint.

Do you have a family with you? Many people with families say that they prefer Abu Dhabi to Dubai, it is a slower pace and a very convenient city to live in. Rental prices are very similar in the two cities, cost of living is very slightly cheaper than Dubai but not so as you would really notice.

If you look through the Wikis and previous posts, you should find lots of info on prices, nightlife and social life.

If you have any other questions on Abu Dhabi, go ahead and ask - I'd be happy to help where I can.

Good Luck!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

twistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of light

I think she was initially insulted by your "cheery soul, aren't you" comment.
I reckon i'd be a little narked about that also.
Now, all of a sudden she's a troublemaker and a troll!!
Nice welcome to a newcomer, guys.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:48 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twistopher
things aren't always what they seem...in cyberland...
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MataHari
things aren't always what they seem...in cyberland...
it's OK, Sue of Oz landed a big ole house on top of the wicked witch and the munchkins can come out to play again....
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:53 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
it's OK, Sue of Oz landed a big ole house on top of the wicked witch and the munchkins can come out to play again....
I don't believe in fairytales my darling...
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Hi Scarletfan - I'm afraid your question has gone totally off thread. We seem to have a trouble-maker on the board today busily putting noses out of joint.

Do you have a family with you? Many people with families say that they prefer Abu Dhabi to Dubai, it is a slower pace and a very convenient city to live in. Rental prices are very similar in the two cities, cost of living is very slightly cheaper than Dubai but not so as you would really notice.

If you look through the Wikis and previous posts, you should find lots of info on prices, nightlife and social life.

If you have any other questions on Abu Dhabi, go ahead and ask - I'd be happy to help where I can.

Good Luck!
Are you calling me a trouble maker?

If you are calling me a trouble maker. why? Because i expressed my views and didnt go with the flow or because i am new and how dare i disagree with Meow or MM or others who are friends, as Twistopher points out.

I joined for debate not to make friends or enemies, i bailed out in post 61 and still others wanted to go on. are they not trouble makers
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by twistopher
Thanks Twistopher.

I have had some nice PM's from the forum so its ok

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.