Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

dubai transport...

dubai transport...

Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:35 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dubai transport...

Originally Posted by scarletfan View Post
We had a nightmare last night. We had booked at Madinat at the seafood restaurant... Then we made the stupid mistake of driving down there. How stupid were we. No chance of parking anywhere nearby
Did you try the Al Qasr trick?

If the Madinat parking is jammed, just use the valet parking next door in Al Qasr (you might have to pretend to the guy on the gate that you're going in to use Al Qasr's facilites - just say you're going to Al Fayrooz or Koubba or something like that) and then take one of the guest abras over to the Madinat.

Just don't tell everyone about this
Old Feb 1st 2008, 1:10 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angelynv View Post
thanks Inse, Ill search the forum re leasing cars.. i think my husband will be doing the driving though!
why would that be...by not driving yourself you are limiting your freedom...never a good thing
Old Feb 1st 2008, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

angelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MataHari View Post
why would that be...by not driving yourself you are limiting your freedom...never a good thing
i totally understand MH - girl power and all that! i think mostly coz of what you have all told me about drivin in Dubai im scared sh*tless to do it! ha ha! plus Dubai-ans drive on the wrong side of the road..
Old Feb 1st 2008, 1:16 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

i totally understand MH - girl power and all that! i think mostly coz of what you have all told me about drivin in Dubai im scared sh*tless to do it! ha ha! plus Dubai-ans drive on the wrong side of the road..
No need to be scared...just start driving as soon as you come here....the longer you wait, the less you will dare..and you will regret it...and it's not as if you are safer in a taxi....
I mean it.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

angelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MataHari View Post
No need to be scared...just start driving as soon as you come here....the longer you wait, the less you will dare..and you will regret it...and it's not as if you are safer in a taxi....
I mean it.
yes ma'am! *click heels and salutes*
Old Feb 1st 2008, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

its not all that difficult. just drive defensively and don't assume that other drivers actually know how to drive.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 1:23 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Inselaffen View Post
its not all that difficult. just drive defensively and don't assume that other drivers actually know how to drive.
it's easier I find...cause you can get away with everything and more...
Old Feb 1st 2008, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethR View Post
Did you try the Al Qasr trick?

If the Madinat parking is jammed, just use the valet parking next door in Al Qasr (you might have to pretend to the guy on the gate that you're going in to use Al Qasr's facilites - just say you're going to Al Fayrooz or Koubba or something like that) and then take one of the guest abras over to the Madinat.

Just don't tell everyone about this
or use Mina Al Salaam, same thing, and you can walk to the madinat...

MM, xx