Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai is terrible because.....

Dubai is terrible because.....

Old May 20th 2005, 8:55 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai is terrible because.....

Originally Posted by novita77
Counting the day for my hols malt

AAahhhhhhhhhh I c...................silly me
Old May 20th 2005, 9:13 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malteser
AAahhhhhhhhhh I c...................silly me
What were u thinking?
Old May 21st 2005, 2:20 am
W10

Dubai is terrible because sometimes you need to start work at 6am, but you roll in drunk from a night out at 3.25am

*Dies

Old May 21st 2005, 2:26 am
aka Mr. X

eclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Dubai is terrible because sometimes you need to start work at 6am, but you roll in drunk from a night out at 3.25am

*Dies
Same thing as yesterday? You are a glutton for punishment, sir.
Old May 21st 2005, 2:27 am
W10

Tonight I will be staying in...I think. Actually, it kind of reminds me of my life in London about 6 years ago.

I think I'm reliving my youth, except I'm a bit fatter with a better tan.

Old May 21st 2005, 2:28 am
aka Mr. X

eclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Tonight I will be staying in...I think.
Just have a nap for an hour or 2 when you get home and you'll be good to go again.
Old May 21st 2005, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

WAY too many people do not make their children wear seatbelts.

I find it utterly amazing how many kids you see bouncing up & down in the back of the car or even climbing over seats. In fact I would as far as to say it really upsets me actually - especially when you see them heading for SZR. Don't they realise what would happen to them if they were in a bad accident? :scared:

Interestingly, most of the drivers have their own seatbelts on.
Old May 21st 2005, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
WAY too many people do not make their children wear seatbelts.

I find it utterly amazing how many kids you see bouncing up & down in the back of the car or even climbing over seats. In fact I would as far as to say it really upsets me actually - especially when you see them heading for SZR. Don't they realise what would happen to them if they were in a bad accident? :scared:

Interestingly, most of the drivers have their own seatbelts on.
I strap my kids in but I do sometimes smile at my own disapproval of those who don't as when I was a kid, there weren't any seatbelts in the back of the car and I travelled through Europe with my parents enjoying bouncing about and laying down for a sleep but would never dare for my children to enjoy the same freedom and exposure to danger.
Old May 21st 2005, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
I strap my kids in but I do sometimes smile at my own disapproval of those who don't as when I was a kid, there weren't any seatbelts in the back of the car and I travelled through Europe with my parents enjoying bouncing about and laying down for a sleep but would never dare for my children to enjoy the same freedom and exposure to danger.
I know PT - same here. Although my folks certainly weren't doing 120kph down SZR! :scared:
Old May 21st 2005, 4:31 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
I know PT - same here. Although my folks certainly weren't doing 120kph down SZR! :scared:
You are nobody if you don't have a drivers licence in Dubai..NO BODY I tell ya.