British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Dubai Taxi Limousine Service (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/dubai-taxi-limousine-service-914528/)

Desert Shaikh Jul 3rd 2018 6:04 am

Dubai Taxi Limousine Service

Visiting Dubai next month and wanted to know if anyone has used the Dubai Taxi Limousine Service from Dubai Airport and what was the service like? Seems more value for money than hotel arranged transfers, as per prices in the link below, but not sure about the quality of service.

Dubai Taxi

DXBtoDOH Jul 3rd 2018 6:31 am

Re: Dubai Taxi Limousine Service

Originally Posted by Desert Shaikh (Post 12526335)
Visiting Dubai next month and wanted to know if anyone has used the Dubai Taxi Limousine Service from Dubai Airport and what was the service like? Seems more value for money than hotel arranged transfers, as per prices in the link below, but not sure about the quality of service.

Dubai Taxi

Why not just get a taxi from the queue? There's the standard cream coloured taxis and the more expensive luxury private cars (Lexus).

Desert Shaikh Jul 3rd 2018 7:00 am

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH (Post 12526346)
Why not just get a taxi from the queue? There's the standard cream coloured taxis and the more expensive luxury private cars (Lexus).

I normally get the standard cream taxis when alone. However dont want the hassle of waiting in the often long queues outside when with family and a young child. Would rather have someone waiting for us at arrivals with a name board and take us to the car.

UKMS Jul 3rd 2018 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Desert Shaikh (Post 12526357)
I normally get the standard cream taxis when alone. However dont want the hassle of waiting in the often long queues outside when with family and a young child. Would rather have someone waiting for us at arrivals with a name board and take us to the car.

These are the same black Lexus ‘Limos’ that you can pick up outside instead of regular taxis, I think you possibly pay a little more for the meet and greet. I usually walk outside and get one rather than a regular taxi, rarely wait long if at all. In my experience the cars and drivers are always fine.

Desert Shaikh Jul 4th 2018 6:52 am

Originally Posted by UKMS (Post 12526741)

These are the same black Lexus ‘Limos’ that you can pick up outside instead of regular taxis, I think you possibly pay a little more for the meet and greet. I usually walk outside and get one rather than a regular taxi, rarely wait long if at all. In my experience the cars and drivers are always fine.

Where abouts would I find one in Terminal 1? Are they away from the main taxi rank?

UKMS Jul 4th 2018 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Desert Shaikh (Post 12526970)
Where abouts would I find one in Terminal 1? Are they away from the main taxi rank?

They are one lane further across from the regular Taxi .... at busy times there are 2 queues, just tell the coordinator you need a limo taxi and they guide you across to the car. I came through Terminal 1 on Sunday and used one. The only time they are scarce is when it’s quieter in the early hours. You also now have a choice of a Tesla X which costs more but they are usually only around at peak times.

Desert Shaikh Jul 4th 2018 10:51 am

Originally Posted by UKMS (Post 12526981)

They are one lane further across from the regular Taxi .... at busy times there are 2 queues, just tell the coordinator you need a limo taxi and they guide you across to the car. I came through Terminal 1 on Sunday and used one. The only time they are scarce is when it’s quieter in the early hours. You also now have a choice of a Tesla X which costs more but they are usually only around at peak times.

Thanks

jam25mack Jul 5th 2018 5:07 am

Or just order an Uber when you get your bag. They'll be there in < 5 mins.