Dubai Stop over

Old Jul 8th 2007, 4:11 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dubai Stop over

I scanned these from a mag I got in DBX recently. They might help.

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s...dubaieats1.jpg

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s...dubaieats2.jpg

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s...dubaieats3.jpg

They are a bit sizeable (about 5 Mb each) but I had to do that to keep the detail.

HG
Old Jul 8th 2007, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

fluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by silverchick
I scanned these from a mag I got in DBX recently. They might help.

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s...dubaieats1.jpg

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s...dubaieats2.jpg

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s...dubaieats3.jpg

They are a bit sizeable (about 5 Mb each) but I had to do that to keep the detail.

HG
Thanks for that silverchick, there looks like theres a really good variety of places to eat.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Yes, regularly. Loads of good places on our street & an absolute baragin to boot.
cool - where is that (approximately!)?
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:57 am
Just Joined

bereccus is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Dubai Stop over

Hi, I am a mother of 2 (family of 4) and we had a stop over in Dubai from Sydney and stayed on The Palm Jumeirah...the company we used were VH Dubai, you should be able to google them i cant remember the exact website address now as i dealt with the woman directly who runs it. They provide 2 bedroom apartments, fully furnished and have everything you need in the kitchen and they have a big balcony with all the usual tv, internet etc in all rooms, we were really impressed as the inside was beautifully furnished. Also your right on the beach and the kids loved the beach as it was a second from our apartment and they have nice swimming area plus childrens play area.
We were picked up at the airport and had all the maids service etc and it was really really reasonable price. We have receommended them to our friends who have booked up for christmas and they have given us a discount on our next visit as we recommended a friend.
With regards to food, i think food is quite reasonable in Dubai and you dont need to visit fast food places just to eat cheaply. Obviously hotel restaurants are pricey. The Palm Jumeirah was 2 minutes from the Dubai Marina as well which had restaurants and cafes and our family loved that too...not too expensive either.
Let me know if you want the details of that lady we dealt with, she was British.

Thanks

B
Old Jul 10th 2007, 10:00 am
Just Joined

I attached some pictures, 2 we took and 1 my husband got from there website.
He also informed me its www.vhdubai.com

Hope that helps you.
Attached Thumbnails Dubai Stop over-living-dining-area.gif   Dubai Stop over-living-area.jpg   Dubai Stop over-master-bedroom.jpg  
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:10 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I bet that was more than 600 a night
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I bet that was more than 600 a night
yeah, looks pretty cool though...!

MM, xx
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:16 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
yeah, looks pretty cool though...!

MM, xx
I recognise a lot of that furniture...lol
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Dubai Stop over

It is pretty amazing isnt it.And to be honest with all the services they offer, its well worth the price -. We had room service, i treated my husband to a massage in the apartment and i also had my nails done, they do dry cleaning services and kept the kids entertained with DVD rental and also they offered childrens play packs (additional) but compared to hotel its so worth it and to be honest we rented an apartment out last year when we first visited Dubai and it wasnt a serviced apartment like we had this year and you can really tell the difference. Although we werent in a hotel it felt like you were and any problems the British lady was there 24 hours a day to help, i guess thats why VH Dubai stands for Virtual Hotel (D'oh, it has just clicked).
Not sure what you mean by 600 (Dirhams or Dollars??) But we went in March and paid 1925AED per night which was 564 US$....and this is per apartment which is why i wanted to reply to the original ladys thread as you can fit up to 6 people in 1 apartment and it only cost us that price per apartment per night. This price included everything including internet which my husband was pleased about (not me though...) only additionals were additional services we requested whilst we were there.
We were so pleased thats why im so happy to reccomend...