British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Dubai schools (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/dubai-schools-692653/)

jamsie44 Nov 7th 2010 7:57 pm

Dubai schools

Wondering if anyone could please advise:-

if you know now your going to be relocating to Dubai at the start of 2012 and your child is due to start school at the beginning of 2013 (aged four and a half), can you apply for school places now without being resident and effectively secure that place as soon as it is available, or in the alternative, is one year on a waiting list long enough to find a place at one of the better english schools.

Thanks

Blue Cat Nov 7th 2010 8:08 pm

Re: Dubai schools

yes, and if you had said please and thank you, you would have got more replies, hope it works out for you ;)

commander Nov 8th 2010 2:48 am

hahaha assume the please and thanks are afterthoughts..

Millhouse Nov 8th 2010 3:38 am

There is nothing like forward planning. It's 2010, and we are taking about school enrollment for 2013!

I wouldn't bother worrying about it. The way things work here is that your 2012 job may not exist by then...

Millhouse Nov 8th 2010 3:39 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8968044)
hahaha assume the please and thanks are afterthoughts..

I wonder the content of the deleted post.

Ethos83 Nov 8th 2010 7:40 am

Sorry. All the good ones are booked solid.

But the shit ones still have a few places. Check out Regents. Or Dubai British School.

Originally Posted by jamsie44 (Post 8967566)
Wondering if anyone could please advise:-

if you know now your going to be relocating to Dubai at the start of 2012 and your child is due to start school at the beginning of 2013 (aged four and a half), can you apply for school places now without being resident and effectively secure that place as soon as it is available, or in the alternative, is one year on a waiting list long enough to find a place at one of the better english schools.

Thanks

Millhouse Nov 8th 2010 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 8968363)

But the shit ones still have a few places. Check out Regents. Or Dubai British School.

I agree with that. But for a 4 year old it hardly matters.

Millhouse Nov 8th 2010 8:05 am

you have been awfully quiet the last few days and not responding to questions... You did it didn'tya?

Blue Cat Nov 8th 2010 11:49 am

do you have children in Regent School?

commander Nov 9th 2010 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8968701)
do you have children in Regent School?

he has clearly only used his dick for speaking and pissing, so i would guess not

Millhouse Nov 9th 2010 5:17 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8970115)
he has clearly only used his dick for speaking and pissing, so i would guess not

don't rush into that assumption. Evidence suggests that has been busy shagging his friend who has come here on holiday.

commander Nov 9th 2010 6:24 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8970154)
don't rush into that assumption. Evidence suggests that has been busy shagging his friend who has come here on holiday.

nah, no chance.

Blue Cat Nov 9th 2010 8:35 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8970115)

guessed as much he obviously spends too much time reading EW :)