British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Is Dubai safe for a single Asian Girl? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/dubai-safe-single-asian-girl-219205/)

sleepy3007 Mar 23rd 2004 7:48 am

Is Dubai safe for a single Asian Girl?

Hello, Everyone,

I'm about time to take an offer in dubai as a restaurant manager in one of the five star hotel. I have millions of question want to ask...... How's the life there like? Is that an expensive place to live? (if my salary only @DHS7,000 plus housing - is it too low?) How do they treat women there? Can I wear my tank tops at hot summer outdoor and Can I wear Bikini at the beach?

I love driving - how much cost to buy a car there? and is it good or safe to buy a used car?

Thank you very much for the help

Sleepy:zzz: :zzz:

philipz Mar 23rd 2004 4:37 pm

Hi sleepy3007, you should be fine with the money you are earning as long as they are dealing with you accomodations. Women are treated like queens, if you dress modestly. Yep you can wear whatever you like. Let me know when you are going to the beach. :D

A brand new car can cost 40 thousand and above, while a used one can start at around 10 thousand. yep it is safe to buy used cars, but would advise you to buy one from a popular used car company. You can check some of the prices here.

sleepy3007 Mar 24th 2004 1:54 am

Re: Is Dubai safe for a single Asian Girl?

Thank you very much- Phil.

I just heard someone said the UAE companies will pay the salary base on your citizenship. Is that true?

Looking forward to get there, and meet you guys. The offer should be settled in a couple of days.

Have a nice day!

Sleepy :zzz: :zzz:

philipz Mar 24th 2004 4:32 am

Hello Sleepy,

Nationality and education are quite big fators when it comes to employment in the UAE. Like for example, they would pay a british guy with the same qualifications as and indian guy, around 2 times as much.

We are looking forward to seeing you. :cool:

sleepy3007 Mar 25th 2004 1:46 am

Thank you - Phil.

Sounds sad. I have my BA degree from Hotel & tourist management. Do you konw how much average salary is for a restaurant/bar manager in 5 star hotels?

I'm having other offers at the moment - still couldn't make up my mind. But Dubai - the place is big attraction for me.

Would you give me some more information - in order to help me to make my decision easier? The work place will be Emirate Tower.

Thank you thank you very much. ;)

Sleepy:zzz:

philipz Mar 26th 2004 6:43 pm

Unfortunately I dont know much about salary payments for the hotel industry. Check out here and see if you can find anything.

Most definately, Dubai is the best to live in the Middle East. :D