Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

"Dubai residential rents to drop further": CBRE Report

"Dubai residential rents to drop further": CBRE Report

Old Jun 7th 2010, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Dubai residential rents to drop further": CBRE Report

Originally Posted by Ethos83
210? That's expensive for Business Bay. 210 is the asking rent for a 3 bed + maid's in the Burj Residences overlooking the Dubai Mall lake (in Downtown Burj Dubai, ahem, Khalifa, which is separate from Business Bay according to real estate terminology and the ever so clever refusal to allow a direct road access between Emaar's beloved Downtown and the rest of Business Bay).

3 bed + maids in Executive Towers are around 100K.
In fairness, it was a 4 bed podium villa. Lovely place, but I'm not sure I would sit on the balcony overlooking the dustbowl before the SZR!
Old Jun 7th 2010, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
In fairness, it was a 4 bed podium villa. Lovely place, but I'm not sure I would sit on the balcony overlooking the dustbowl before the SZR!
You can get a 4/5 bed villa with a pool in Al Barsha for 200/220
Old Jun 8th 2010, 4:05 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW - Some close friends of mine have just moved within Al Safa 2 (Near Spinneys, Al Wasl Road). They previously paid 230k for a 4 bed villa on a small plot and have now taken a five bed detached villa with large pool for 175k.

I have just had a couple of days off and whilst driving around doing various errands, I cannot believe how many "to let" signs there are in this area.

Additionally, I know of 4 families moving out of Dubai this month from Jumeriah/Umm Suqueim area during June/July (2 to Qatar, 1 back to UK, and 1 to US).

Rents are definitely going down before they go up.

TIP - Avoid the agents who chase the largest commissions and take a drive around your chosen location and look for "to let" signs; after 12 years and 4 villas, I have always found this to be the best way to find homes.

Good luck to all house hunters.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Be careful about getting too close to SZR! It is extremely noisy 24 hours a day! My daughter lives overlooking it from the 18th floor and it is quite noisy inside even with all the windows securely closed!! This is in the most congested area.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 11:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
FWIW - Some close friends of mine have just moved within Al Safa 2 (Near Spinneys, Al Wasl Road). They previously paid 230k for a 4 bed villa on a small plot and have now taken a five bed detached villa with large pool for 175k.

I have just had a couple of days off and whilst driving around doing various errands, I cannot believe how many "to let" signs there are in this area.

Additionally, I know of 4 families moving out of Dubai this month from Jumeriah/Umm Suqueim area during June/July (2 to Qatar, 1 back to UK, and 1 to US).

Rents are definitely going down before they go up.

TIP - Avoid the agents who chase the largest commissions and take a drive around your chosen location and look for "to let" signs; after 12 years and 4 villas, I have always found this to be the best way to find homes.

Good luck to all house hunters.
Thanks mate. This is very helpful. I viewed a 4 bed in Al Safa 2 (access to a large shared pool) and the hopeful agent wanted 190k...
Old Jun 8th 2010, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
Be careful about getting too close to SZR! It is extremely noisy 24 hours a day! My daughter lives overlooking it from the 18th floor and it is quite noisy inside even with all the windows securely closed!! This is in the most congested area.
Don't worry Mr Smith... the misses underwrites my stupidity all the time. No way we will be living near that road!
Old Jun 8th 2010, 11:30 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I second Shed. You will find that if you deal with an agent (particularly a non-western agent) and make an offer below the asking rent, the agent will automatically say no without even bothering to check with the landlord first. While most agents are cretins, non-western agents, especially Indian/Pakistani ones, are particularly bad.

Drive around, check out the numbers outside villas to rent, and call.

Thanks mate. This is very helpful. I viewed a 4 bed in Al Safa 2 (access to a large shared pool) and the hopeful agent wanted 190k...
Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:43 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes. That's close to me

-