Reload this Page >

Dubai Rent Increases

Dubai Rent Increases

Old Aug 13th 2012, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

roy1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dubai Rent Increases

Hi Bunjiman
definately interested in the furnishings etc, and maybe the apartment too, still cannot pm yet as still a newbie. pm me your details and i'll come see.
thanks
Old Aug 13th 2012, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roy1234
Hi Bunjiman
definately interested in the furnishings etc, and maybe the apartment too, still cannot pm yet as still a newbie. pm me your details and i'll come see.
thanks
just post another random something then you will have 3 posts and can pm!!
Old Aug 13th 2012, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

roy1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks patsy
Old Aug 14th 2012, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Actually, it's not really that enforceable. Especially if you have been in the place more than two years. A friend spoke with RERA and they basically said 'sort it out amongst yourselves - you can't force him to rent to you'. You can only do what you did - refer them to the website and hope they just accept it.

But Kitty - yes, do push back. Worth a shot.

As for the rents, they are are going up. I'm moving and am going through all of this right now - my observation is that rents (in the ranches at least) have increased between 10-20% over the last 2 years. On what basis I have no idea.
A Ranches resident known to me personally claims the rents there have gone back up to 'pre-slump levels' which is ridiculous. I suppose if it's full (no idea if it is) that might encourage a bit of a push but people can always move. Trouble is - they don't want to.

Bizarrely, Ranches residents stubbornly stay there even though it's so far out. I suspect many are Repton parents, and it's convenient for the school run.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
A Ranches resident known to me personally claims the rents there have gone back up to 'pre-slump levels' which is ridiculous. I suppose if it's full (no idea if it is) that might encourage a bit of a push but people can always move. Trouble is - they don't want to.

Bizarrely, Ranches residents stubbornly stay there even though it's so far out. I suspect many are Repton parents, and it's convenient for the school run.
Not near pre-slump levels but increasing for sure...

I rented a place in Sept. 2010 - peak of the slump for 160k on four cheques. The neighbours paid 175k, and 155k respectively. I'm moving (tomorrow) to a near identical house and am paying 170k... on 2 cheques. It's a case of fighting hard. That said, I have seen places which I was offered for 160k two years ago now being marketed at 220k. That is insane, and some mugs are taking them... newbies, or those on corporate plans who don't actually care - so yes, some boom time pricing is occurring.

Supply is quite tight, but with a zillion villas in Barsha and next door coming in the next 6 months or so, it can't last. We are only staying as it's halfway between the school and the office. If we have to move next year, I doubt we will stay in the Retches.

Speaking to my agent she agrees with me that come next month we will see a reversal.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

bunjiman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by roy1234
Hi Bunjiman
thanks
OK I've sent you a PM.

I can send you a link to pics too...
Old Aug 15th 2012, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
Where about on SZR are you?
Near Emirates Towers and DIFC
Old Aug 15th 2012, 12:27 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I rented a place in Sept. 2010 - peak of the slump for 160k on four cheques. The neighbours paid 175k, and 155k respectively. I'm moving (tomorrow) to a near identical house and am paying 170k... on 2 cheques. It's a case of fighting hard. That said, I have seen places which I was offered for 160k two years ago now being marketed at 220k. That is insane, and some mugs are taking them... newbies, or those on corporate plans who don't actually care - so yes, some boom time pricing is occurring.

Supply is quite tight, but with a zillion villas in Barsha and next door coming in the next 6 months or so, it can't last. We are only staying as it's halfway between the school and the office. If we have to move next year, I doubt we will stay in the Retches.

Speaking to my agent she agrees with me that come next month we will see a reversal.
the ranches rocks. We love it. Daughter goes to school in SA and i work in JA.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 4:51 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

What is the 'next door' you're referring to? Surely not Al Barsha South..
Old Aug 15th 2012, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
What is the 'next door' you're referring to? Surely not Al Barsha South..
A friend of mine has just rented a huge, 6 bedroom villa in Al Barsha South with a pool, large outside Majlis, 2 maids rooms blah,blah,blah for 180K. Al Barsha South is how Al Barsha 2 looked like 9 years ago