Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Rent Committee

Dubai Rent Committee

Old May 14th 2009, 11:21 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Rent Committee

does your contract say you have to give 2 months notice? if so then you are due 2 months back. If the Agent is arsy just threaten with the press and the rent committee, should work.
Old May 14th 2009, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
does your contract say you have to give 2 months notice? if so then you are due 2 months back. If the Agent is arsy just threaten with the press and the rent committee, should work.
With regard to early termination of the rent contract, I'm sure there is something about you remaining responsible for the rent until another tenant is found - unless a specific early termination clause has been added.

I maybe wrong - others can confirm whether or not this is correct.
Old May 14th 2009, 11:55 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
With regard to early termination of the rent contract, I'm sure there is something about you remaining responsible for the rent until another tenant is found - unless a specific early termination clause has been added.

I maybe wrong - others can confirm whether or not this is correct.
that is what was in our lease but we have managed to get out of it
Old May 17th 2009, 4:27 am
LJW
Just Joined

LJW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
This is what it actually says on the contract:
In the event that the property is vacated prior to the lease expiry, 2 mnths rent will be deducted from the prepaid rent left and the remainder of the rent amount shall be refunded within 14 days of the expiration of notice period. Its further agreed that Landlord will not " early terminate" agreement with prejudice or other rights not mentioned in this agreement.
I did everything by the book, the amount of notice i gave, cleaned the place from top to bottom even had the place fumigated again before i left to help with the B####rd roach problem.
They wont even give me my deposit of 5k back they want to do in a lump sum.
On the back of the contract where all the terms are and the point about the refund is, its stamp in Big Red ink "NOT NEGOTIABLE"
Cash is due on Wed and if it was a tiny amount i would cut my losses but its not.

Thanks for all your help
Old May 17th 2009, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by commander
think he maybe stopped his wife in time.....
The reason I said prove it is that everyone is telling me the prices are coming down. Half the adds on dubizzle are just to get you to phone the agent, the cheapest ones "have just gone today, sir".

Anyway we didn't get the 2 bed villa as the owner wanted 120! had to laff the missus wasn't happy! Are the prices going up or down? this was on Thursday.

As of today it has gone down to 110! Don't think he will come down any more unless it stays open for a while as the other one has gone for 110 apparently.

So still looking. And checking Dubizzle every day.
Old May 17th 2009, 7:57 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Benson
The reason I said prove it is that everyone is telling me the prices are coming down. Half the adds on dubizzle are just to get you to phone the agent, the cheapest ones "have just gone today, sir".

Anyway we didn't get the 2 bed villa as the owner wanted 120! had to laff the missus wasn't happy! Are the prices going up or down? this was on Thursday.

As of today it has gone down to 110! Don't think he will come down any more unless it stays open for a while as the other one has gone for 110 apparently.

So still looking. And checking Dubizzle every day.
are you looking in Mirdif?
Old May 18th 2009, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

are you looking in Mirdif?
yup
Old Oct 4th 2009, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LJW
Hi All
New to this site as i was looking for answers on google for a rent problem and found this site. So Hello !!

Will i need to go to Rent Committee for the following:

I had to move out an apartment due to it being infested with roaches, that have been fumigated 3 times and a leak thats had been fixed 4 times but still leaked. So i decided to move out with 4 months to go on my lease. Its states on my contract that i will need to pay the LL 2 months rent and i will get refunded 2 months rent plus the deposit within 14 days of the the final DEWA bill being given to them. Done and dusted........Yeah Right.
The letting agent is now telling me that i will not see any money until the apartment i moved out of is rented out again and that the LL lives in the UK and is not reachable.

Is this not breach of contract ?
Do i need to talk to rent committee?

Theres 5 days until the money is due to me but that is not going to happen and who is going to move into an apartment with roaches. I did i know but i didnt know that at the time of moving in.

Cheers

LJ

We are having a similar issue. I have tried google and search of B.E. but i'm not getting the answer I need.

The trouble is we are on the top floor of our building. The Air Con unit is on the roof. It makes an excessive vibration noise that can be heard in the apartment and is especially irritating at night when trying to sleep.
It didn't always make this noise. The a/c was 'repaired' one day and ever since it's been making the noise.

Landlord has had his guys out about 6 times...nakheel been out twice. No one can work out what to do to fix it.

Landlord is saying if we move out we have to give 3 months notice.

Surely if a place is not provided liveable we have some rights? no?

anyone know? or been through it?
Old Oct 5th 2009, 6:08 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jeeper
We are having a similar issue. I have tried google and search of B.E. but i'm not getting the answer I need.

The trouble is we are on the top floor of our building. The Air Con unit is on the roof. It makes an excessive vibration noise that can be heard in the apartment and is especially irritating at night when trying to sleep.
It didn't always make this noise. The a/c was 'repaired' one day and ever since it's been making the noise.

Landlord has had his guys out about 6 times...nakheel been out twice. No one can work out what to do to fix it.

Landlord is saying if we move out we have to give 3 months notice.

Surely if a place is not provided liveable we have some rights? no?

anyone know? or been through it?
you can still go to the Rent Committee about it
Old Oct 6th 2009, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

you can still go to the Rent Committee about it
Thanks!