Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Rent Committee

Dubai Rent Committee

Old May 12th 2009, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold
Default Dubai Rent Committee

Thought I would share with you my experience with the Rent Committee. My first visit was very daunting and was just about ready to give up there and then but thought I would give it one more go. Fortunately every time I have been to the RC it was fairly quite so waiting time was pretty minimal so on my first visit instead of badgering the guy on reception like everyone else I took another number and was seen nearly straight away. I was then told what was required and it was explained a bit better and wasn’t so daunting.

Firstly where is the RC? It is located in the Dubai Municipality building in Deira (City Hall) just past the NBD building when travelling from Deira City Centre.

When you first visit the RC take a ticket, like I mentioned has ever been too busy for myself.

They will give you a file that you have to fill with all the required documents and you are required to make another four copies of everything that is in the file. (Why four I dunno?) The file from the RC has dividers which tell you what should be put in that section slight problem for me was that it is written in Arabic! I had the man tell me what each section was though and goes as so.
  1. Letter of intent (in Arabic) This is a letter to the RC explaining what has occured and what you want.
  2. Original tenancy contract (stamped by the Land Dept.) The land dept. Is in the municipality building DIRECTLY opposite the Deira Sheraton. Walking distance from the RC. There you will be given a form and are require a DEWA bill and copy of contract. (may require trade licence for company property, although I didn’t cos I didn’t tick the company owned box). Also any copies of older contracts.
  3. Copies of cheques, if any.
  4. Power of Attorney if the property is your companies name, I had a letter from the GM giving me authority to represent him and the company at the RC.
  5. Dunno, I didn’t need this one.
  6. Passport copies, including the GM’s if it is company villa.
  7. Companies trade licence
  8. Dunno
  9. Dunno
  10. Extras, ie DEWA bill, any correspondence from the you and the bastard trying to evict you and your family!

It took me a few visits to get all the paper work sorted, I took taxis on advice from my neighbour as the parking is a nightmare.

Once all paper work is organised they will process the case, they then give you the bill which you have to take to the cashier in the main building. You return with the receipt and they finalise the case. They will issue to a date and time to return and ask you to fax a letter to the bastard (LL).

My case was last Monday time was set at 1715 the hearings are in the same building on the 1st or 2nd floors. Again all listings are in Arabic, although some one helped and read our letter and informed us of our time. You also have to register with a clerk, he will have your case on file and will fill in your details name, mobile and they call the names over a PA system. Don’t expect it to be on time and be prepared for a wait!

As this was the first time I had any contact with the LL and his bitch (lawyer) I decided to make a deal with him on getting an extension and then getting out, so in the end I never got to RC only required an arbitrator. The arbitrator was keen and friendly and said that they will decide the rent, I think he said this after reading the figure I had offered in my letter to the RC.

So at the moment I am looking for a 3 bed villa in Mirdiff as soon as possible, if you know of any please PM me.

Also good luck if you do go to the RC.

Ta.
Old May 12th 2009, 3:23 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Rent Committee

very informative post
Old May 13th 2009, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
very informative post
Thought I would get it out there as I have done a few searches for the RC and a few lines of chat came up about how easy it was and how everyone knows someone who has been but not themselves. Thought that if it can help anyone and even prove that it isn't as bad as even I thought after my first visit then it would be worth the time to write it up and post it.

Although I don't know how many people will be needing to go to the RC, with prices coming down!

By the way got a 2 bed villa in Mirdiff for 100,000. Brand new. Mrs putting deposit in now.
Old May 13th 2009, 8:13 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Benson
Thought I would get it out there as I have done a few searches for the RC and a few lines of chat came up about how easy it was and how everyone knows someone who has been but not themselves. Thought that if it can help anyone and even prove that it isn't as bad as even I thought after my first visit then it would be worth the time to write it up and post it.

Although I don't know how many people will be needing to go to the RC, with prices coming down!

By the way got a 2 bed villa in Mirdiff for 100,000. Brand new. Mrs putting deposit in now.
100K for a 2 bedder in mirdiff?? your being ripped off mate...

get back to the commitee...
Old May 13th 2009, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by commander
100K for a 2 bedder in mirdiff?? your being ripped off mate...

get back to the commitee...
really? prove that I am being ripped off.
Old May 13th 2009, 8:52 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

really? prove that I am being ripped off.
http://www.dubizzle.com/property-for...0/?from_search
Old May 13th 2009, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

no agents fee as well. Nice.. if you like plane spotting.
Old May 13th 2009, 8:56 am
banned

Originally Posted by admon
no agents fee as well. Nice.. if you like plane spotting.
yea 4 cheques also..

100K in this climate for a 2 bedder in Mirdiff i think is far too steep.
Old May 13th 2009, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
yea 4 cheques also..

100K in this climate for a 2 bedder in Mirdiff i think is far too steep.
65-70k by August.
Old May 13th 2009, 9:06 am
banned

oh and benson, i dont really need to 'prove' anything tbh. Its just my opinion and i would not have paid that amount.

Quick call your wife and tell her not to hand over the cash...
Old May 13th 2009, 10:20 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

where in Mirdif mate?

On the flight path? Pool? Compound?
Old May 14th 2009, 7:05 am
banned

Originally Posted by Spugsy
where in Mirdif mate?

On the flight path? Pool? Compound?
think he maybe stopped his wife in time.....
Old May 14th 2009, 8:56 am
LJW
Just Joined

LJW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
New to this site as i was looking for answers on google for a rent problem and found this site. So Hello !!

Will i need to go to Rent Committee for the following:

I had to move out an apartment due to it being infested with roaches, that have been fumigated 3 times and a leak thats had been fixed 4 times but still leaked. So i decided to move out with 4 months to go on my lease. Its states on my contract that i will need to pay the LL 2 months rent and i will get refunded 2 months rent plus the deposit within 14 days of the the final DEWA bill being given to them. Done and dusted........Yeah Right.
The letting agent is now telling me that i will not see any money until the apartment i moved out of is rented out again and that the LL lives in the UK and is not reachable.

Is this not breach of contract ?
Do i need to talk to rent committee?

Theres 5 days until the money is due to me but that is not going to happen and who is going to move into an apartment with roaches. I did i know but i didnt know that at the time of moving in.

Cheers

LJ
Old May 14th 2009, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LJW
Hi All
New to this site as i was looking for answers on google for a rent problem and found this site. So Hello !!

Will i need to go to Rent Committee for the following:

I had to move out an apartment due to it being infested with roaches, that have been fumigated 3 times and a leak thats had been fixed 4 times but still leaked. So i decided to move out with 4 months to go on my lease. Its states on my contract that i will need to pay the LL 2 months rent and i will get refunded 2 months rent plus the deposit within 14 days of the the final DEWA bill being given to them. Done and dusted........Yeah Right.
The letting agent is now telling me that i will not see any money until the apartment i moved out of is rented out again and that the LL lives in the UK and is not reachable.

Is this not breach of contract ?
Do i need to talk to rent committee?

Theres 5 days until the money is due to me but that is not going to happen and who is going to move into an apartment with roaches. I did i know but i didnt know that at the time of moving in.

Cheers

LJ
where is the apartment?
Old May 14th 2009, 9:13 am
LJW
Just Joined

LJW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by admon
where is the apartment?
My days that was quick.
Its in Dubai Marina.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.