Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Is Dubai a racist City???

Is Dubai a racist City???

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 4:55 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Dubai a racist City???

Originally Posted by Face81
I already agreed with what u have sed........ see my above post. I just dont want there to be anymore trouble on here....... we already had a slaughter the other day :scared:

Oh for goodness sake Face grow up, nobody got slaughtered I am still here!!! In fact I think somebody was slaughtered...on sommat, dunno what but that's about it. Glad to see you have drop those silly threats though
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by novita77
lol... slow down Tami ... it is just a bit of fun... that cashier guy i think in shock when I am the on who pay the shopping bill

Wherever we go ppl very often think that I am the maid in the family Once we went to Indonesian restaurant in Doha ... and being served with a new waiter (a girl) ... she asked ... how can my employer treating me very nice ??? I told her ... ,"Make sure u sleep with him !!!" And she asked me ... do I sleep with him ??? (Referring to hubby who read a paper on the table)... I said ... yes I sleep with him everynight hehehe...

right ... off to school now ... speak to u later ... XX

Oh dear God Novi if I were you I would have a go at people who act like that but it is nice to see you take it all in your stride, well done dear
Personally I think Dubai isn't a racist city, but it is more of discrimination based on your passport. Your passport holds the key, even if you are originally Pakistani as long you have a UK passport you are allowed into schools like JESS. And your employment package depends on your passport as well. DanMarsden, if you don't like Tami's opinions then agree to disagree, but don't turn this lovely thread topsy turvey
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Face dear I'm sure we are all grown up enough to discuss such a topic civilly
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:19 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

The difference between emirates and the rest of the ME is that UAE has designed their labour/visa/employment law around 1 thing, labour, which, in 98% of the cases, equates to legal slavery, which in my mind is racist.

Heard about a labour company the other day that 'owned' 100 labourers, they had 80 living in a 5 bedroom home and the other 20 in a 2 br flat.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by TA5
The difference between emirates and the rest of the ME is that UAE has designed their labour/visa/employment law around 1 thing, labour, which, in 98% of the cases, equates to legal slavery, which in my mind is racist.

Heard about a labour company the other day that 'owned' 100 labourers, they had 80 living in a 5 bedroom home and the other 20 in a 2 br flat.

Surely you don't think that's only happening in the UAE?

By the way, ever seen the cramped conditions of a refugee camp in Switzerland, where you have to share a room with the person you tried to run away from? They sqaush people into tiny spaces and don't care about their background, religion, ethics or kids. Everyday one familiy is in charge of cooking and the rest must eat what is dished up. I suppose people would say they should be grateful for the hospitality. Well, it's all down to how we look at it, right?
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:32 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Surely you don't think that's only happening in the UAE?

By the way, ever seen the cramped conditions of a refugee camp in Switzerland, where you have to share a room with the person you tried to run away from? They sqaush people into tiny spaces and don't care about their background, religion, ethics or kids. Everyday one familiy is in charge of cooking and the rest must eat what is dished up. I suppose people would say they should be grateful for the hospitality. Well, it's all down to how we look at it, right?

well i know for a fact it isn't in jordan, which is a country that could rival dubai if they had access to dirt cheap labor
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by TA5
well i know for a fact it isn't in jordan, which is a country that could rival dubai if they had access to dirt cheap labor

Ok, is Jordan classed as the REST of the ME? Lol
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Ok, is Jordan classed as the REST of the ME? Lol

That's the first time I've seen you use the word LOL PT dear, we must celebrate
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
That's the first time I've seen you use the word LOL PT dear, we must celebrate

That is funny you should say that, as I was very hesitant to do so. Simply, because I haven't got a clue what it stands for, didn't get the chance to ask but just thought it seems like people use it to keep thinks under bay and not to get too carried away about a comment and since I am struggling to go through all the threads with my kids nagging for things and going out shortly, I didn't want to get into a huge discussion on something we would probably agree on in the first place. I sometimes like to tickle people to get reactions and see how serious they are.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

It means Laugh Out Loud don't worry you used it properly Oh God nagging kids, wonderful aren't they, mine is nagging me now so I will be going out soon with miniexpat, horrorexpat (My Mother In Law) and hubbyexpat somewhere nice this evening
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
It means Laugh Out Loud don't worry you used it properly Oh God nagging kids, wonderful aren't they, mine is nagging me now so I will be going out soon with miniexpat, horrorexpat (My Mother In Law) and hubbyexpat somewhere nice this evening

Have a nice time if you can. We shall take the kids to see Noddy. Daughter very keen, son (6 yrs) thinks its for babies but I bet once he is there, he will love it. Hubby wants a hair cut after that in Satwa, shall find something to eat there. Any recommendations?

Silly me, forgot to say thank you for the translation. Thank goodness I wasn't far off, I hope I will not start over-using it now.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Have a nice time if you can. We shall take the kids to see Noddy. Daughter very keen, son (6 yrs) thinks its for babies but I bet once he is there, he will love it. Hubby wants a hair cut after that in Satwa, shall find something to eat there. Any recommendations?

Silly me, forgot to say thank you for the translation. Thank goodness I wasn't far off, I hope I will not start over-using it now.
Try the Karachi restaurant on Satwa Road PT - excellent food and rediculously cheap. There's a few of them round the city - been to the one in Karama 2. It's at the top of the bit where the 2 parts of Satwa Road join up, if that makes sense!
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Try the Karachi restaurant on Satwa Road PT - excellent food and rediculously cheap. There's a few of them round the city - been to the one in Karama 2. It's at the top of the bit where the 2 parts of Satwa Road join up, if that makes sense!

Thank you, which reminds me that we haven't been to RAVI for ages and I really love their food. Not sure where Karachi is but I am sure I can find it.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:06 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, which reminds me that we haven't been to RAVI for ages and I really love their food. Not sure where Karachi is but I am sure I can find it.
Yes Ravi always a good bet. Enjoy
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:13 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Originally Posted by LakesLassie

as usual, 5 posts that have NOTHING to do with the TOPIC, basically why this place is so useless

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.