Dubai Property

Old Oct 24th 2004, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Question Dubai Property

Hi again all,
In light of the high rents we pay here I am considering taking the plunge and purchasing a 1 or 2 bdrm apartment. Mortgage costs would be less than rent - sufficient I guess to cover additional costs such as insurances, maintenance etc etc etc.....plus you get the money back when you sell, all going well - maybe more.

Anyhoo.....does anyone knwo any good websites that have good property listings. Looking for above sized place in sheik zayed road or west towards jumeira, maybe the greens or springs area - somethign like that.

Any advice greatly appreciated - esp. from those that have done similar.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 10:09 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Property

look in gulf news / khaleej times

there is a bunch of listings for brokers in the "property times" thing that comes out once a week i think in one of these papers

sure, you'll be paying the same or a little more than rent, depending on your mortgage and fees for everything else. But remember, when the property market crashes here, which it will, i guarantee you (supply/demand is completely out of balance) you are gonne be up a creek paying off a mortgage that is worth twice what your house will be worth
Old Oct 24th 2004, 10:41 am
Beduoin_Boy

Originally Posted by kelvynd
Hi again all,
In light of the high rents we pay here I am considering taking the plunge and purchasing a 1 or 2 bdrm apartment. Mortgage costs would be less than rent - sufficient I guess to cover additional costs such as insurances, maintenance etc etc etc.....plus you get the money back when you sell, all going well - maybe more.

Anyhoo.....does anyone knwo any good websites that have good property listings. Looking for above sized place in sheik zayed road or west towards jumeira, maybe the greens or springs area - somethign like that.

Go directly to Emmar office and get assistance, dont go to any middle party.

www.emmar.com

Old Oct 24th 2004, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by Beduoin_Boy
Go directly to Emmar office and get assistance, dont go to any middle party.

www.emmar.com

Hi BB, are you working for EMAAR?

Another option is www.nakheel.ae

Going direct is great, but sadly, very hard to get something unless "you know someone who knows someone" if you know what I mean.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:02 am
Beduoin_Boy

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Hi BB, are you working for EMAAR?

Another option is www.nakheel.ae

Going direct is great, but sadly, very hard to get something unless "you know someone who knows someone" if you know what I mean.

lol....

You have a great sense of humour!

Are YOU looking to buy? lemme know as I do know someone! - If you know what I mean

Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by TA5

there is a bunch of listings for brokers in the "property times" thing that comes out once a week i think in one of these papers

sure, you'll be paying the same or a little more than rent, depending on your mortgage and fees for everything else. But remember, when the property market crashes here, which it will, i guarantee you (supply/demand is completely out of balance) you are gonne be up a creek paying off a mortgage that is worth twice what your house will be worth

Woohhoo! You are a bit sure there? Buying properties is a gamble like anywhere in the world. If you can afford the risk, it usually pays off.

I would recommend anyone to have a very close look at as many countries as you can think off including those where economy isn't booming and check out the price movements for the last 40 years and it gives a pretty good picture of how the property markets work. Price crashes are very much guided by the governments depending on overall economic developments and not only because of oversupply.

There will never be an oversupply in Dubai unless there would be some unexpected reason where expats would need to do a runner. If any failed economic development in the UAE would be emerging it might also be highly likely that the rest of the world wouldn't exactly be booming and therefore crashes could appear elsewhere too. It is a far more complex matter.

Oversupply will just mean a better choice but not necessarily cheaper living.

I also doubt that locals would like to loose too much money on their investments. Price might go down a bit, slow down or even crash, if you like but after any crash, prices can even end up doubeling within a few years.

Happy property hunting, it's not an easy task and I wish, I could help.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

lol....

You have a great sense of humour!

Are YOU looking to buy? lemme know as I do know someone! - If you know what I mean

Hi BB, your sense of humour keeps me amused too. I am already a lucky winner or looser, will just have to wait and see. 2 properties in The Greens (not exactly my favourite place but beggers can't be choosy) and 1 on The Palm. We are always up for good bargains, so fire away with "who you know". Friends are looking for a Shoreline apartment in The Palm Jumeirah. Any lucky shots?
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:08 am
Beduoin_Boy

Originally Posted by TA5
when the property market crashes here, which it will, i guarantee you (supply/demand is completely out of balance) you are gonne be up a creek paying off a mortgage that is worth twice what your house will be worth

On what do you base your prediction?

Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:15 am
Beduoin_Boy

Hi BB, your sense of humour keeps me amused too. I am already a lucky winner or looser, will just have to wait and see. 2 properties in The Greens (not exactly my favourite place but beggers can't be choosy) and 1 on The Palm. We are always up for good bargains, so fire away with "who you know". Friends are looking for a Shoreline apartment in The Palm Jumeirah. Any lucky shots?

Palm Jumeria is all sold out. day 1. A friend bought 2 signature villa for resale purpose but he changed his mind.

I will refer to some ppl in emaar but the Demand is so High... unbelieveable. :scared: its worse than the western land rush!

Is your friend serious! If so... than only I will go for a tea after iftar to nakeel office!

Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

On what do you base your prediction?

On my extensive studies in Switzerland on world history, politics and economical movements some 15 years ago. Very interesting indeed. At the time it was a bit too much to handle but I have been able to enjoy a lot of benefit for having paid attention in school. I also like to use some healthy common sense and have never slept on my diplomas but carried on with informing myself over the internet and keeping an open ear. My language knowledge has come in handy when listening in on conversations. Well, I did mention previously, I should probably become a spy. I did almost take up a job as a criminal investigator but then somehow didn't like the whole military ambience. I am too lady like for that.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Jumeria is all sold out. day 1. A friend bought 2 signature villa for resale purpose but he changed his mind.

I will refer to some ppl in emaar but the Demand is so High... unbelieveable. :scared: its worse than the western land rush!

Is your friend serious! If so... than only I will go for a tea after iftar to nakeel office!

Yes, my friend is serious and already in the process of purchasing an apartment. Am not too keen on Emaar right now, but that could change.

What about you? Did you lay your hands on anything or are you playing safe? Mind you, you probably own already plenty of plots being a local.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:21 am
Beduoin_Boy

On my extensive studies in Switzerland on world history, politics and economical movements some 15 years ago. Very interesting indeed. At the time it was a bit too much to handle but I have been able to enjoy a lot of benefit for having paid attention in school. I also like to use some healthy common sense and have never slept on my diplomas but carried on with informing myself over the internet and keeping an open ear. My language knowledge has come in handy when listening in on conversations. Well, I did mention previously, I should probably become a spy. I did almost take up a job as a criminal investigator but then somehow didn't like the whole military ambience. I am too lady like for that.

The people who are planning all this are no ordinary brains. Time will tell...

Off Topic:
And you just look stunning in that dress

Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:26 am
Beduoin_Boy

Yes, my friend is serious and already in the process of purchasing an apartment. Am not too keen on Emaar right now, but that could change.

What about you? Did you lay your hands on anything or are you playing safe? Mind you, you probably own already plenty of plots being a local.
I am a poor man,, A tent with camels and goats is fine with me. Thank God.
And ofcourse a beautifull wife.

He could go for Marina! Its being built my Abdul razak meimen. I don;t think they will discrimante btw humans.

Nakeel is runned by a BIG and Humble bedouin family... its already gone to the locals...! I know one di*k head he is making fortunes from this.

Let me know if your friend wants to help him in his fortune.

Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:49 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelvynd
Hi again all,

I recently spent several months looking for apartments. In the end I went to every sales office I could find and registered to get called when new releases were announced.

In the end I follwoed the cautious route and decided to leave it a couple of years - if you do decide to buy use an offshore company as this will allow you to sell when the time comes and not be governed by the local law - I have all the details for strating one - PM e if u need the details.

One last point - get in on day one as apartments are released in batches of 8 usually, to keep the price up - every new release - about every 10 days, the price goes up by 5% for the same apartments - by the time the last ones are released they cost double the original price.

Have fun searching

Cheers

TS
Old Oct 24th 2004, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

The people who are planning all this are no ordinary brains. Time will tell...

Off Topic:
And you just look stunning in that dress

Forgot to mention. Apart from my studies and my own sensible brain, I also have great trust in the current rulers and there is no doubt they don't have an ordinary brain. May they be blessed with a long life filled with prosperity.

Many of us owe them gratefulness for a chance of a better life and we should all help them to fullfill their dreams to make our dreams reality.

Sometimes, unforseen circumstances can change situations dramatically but lets not wish for any such things and certainly the rulers are no shrewed businessman who are just in for big money but seriously think about the future of generations to come.

Wouldn't the world be a happier place if we all had the vision that is being applied in Dubai.

Off Topic:

Thank you. Don't let a picture fool you. I am a modest person and certainly the dress has brought out the best in me. Not sure if I look the same at 6am. By the way, the picture is pretty natural, as I didn't apply any make-up. Hate that stuff on my face. I believe in natural beauty comes within and don't like to fool people with looks or words. I am upfront with my looks and speech. Not appreciated by all but never mind, at least I know, I am not fooling myself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.