Dubai paperwork

Old Sep 26th 2009, 10:05 am
Just Joined

VickiG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dubai paperwork

I am new to the Forum, so hey everybody..

My husband and I are moving to Dubai March 2010 to a new apartment. We're coming out to Dubai in December to set up bank account etc and I wanted to know what sort of documents I need to get notarized in order to do this. I imagine passports/birth certificates/marriage certifcate etc? Any pointers to make the process less painful please?! Thanks. Vicki
Old Sep 26th 2009, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dubai paperwork

[QUOTE=VickiG;7966694]I am new to the Forum, so hey everybody..

My husband and I are moving to Dubai March 2010 to a new apartment.

Are you coming just to live in your new apartment or in fact coming to work here?? If just to live here without working think also you will need health insurance of some kind. Probably better to bring any you already have, endorsed for overseas living. It's available here for sure but I have no idea what the cost and services covered are. I am sure others will come forward with figures/comparisons!

If work then you, or at least the proposed breadwinner, will need qualification certificates "notorised" etc I believe. Ensure your employer provides health coverage. Long time since I arrived and wasn't necessary then.

Last edited by Jim Smith; Sep 26th 2009 at 11:10 am.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

VickiG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dubai paperwork

[QUOTE=Jim Smith;7966777]
Originally Posted by VickiG
I am new to the Forum, so hey everybody..

My husband and I are moving to Dubai March 2010 to a new apartment.

Are you coming just to live in your new apartment or in fact coming to work here?? If just to live here without working think also you will need health insurance of some kind. Probably better to bring any you already have, endorsed for overseas living. It's available here for sure but I have no idea what the cost and services covered are. I am sure others will come forward with figures/comparisons!

If work then you, or at least the proposed breadwinner, will need qualification certificates "notorised" etc I believe. Ensure your employer provides health coverage. Long time since I arrived and wasn't necessary then.

Hey Jim, thanks for getting back to me. We are coming to work and live so will look into our UK policies to see what they cover. I think I will get both our sets of documents notarized - my husband works in Iraq, so it will be me setting up bank accounts etc. Can't wait!