Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai to Oman visa Run

Dubai to Oman visa Run

Old May 31st 2010, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Avarice is on a distinguished road
Default Dubai to Oman visa Run

Hi im new to the forums and i was wondering if anyone could possibly find the time to give me a lift to hatta and back to dubai as i need to do a visa run tomorrow, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks x
Old Jun 1st 2010, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

RedRoar75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dubai to Oman visa Run

Originally Posted by Avarice
Hi im new to the forums and i was wondering if anyone could possibly find the time to give me a lift to hatta and back to dubai as i need to do a visa run tomorrow, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks x
Sure, no probs. Would love to... but only if you promise not to laugh at my tattoo (sorry but lots of people think its hilarious that I have "MUG" written on my forehead)...

R U Crazy? Maybe you are... and maybe, just maybe, there's someone who's even nuttier (and kind hearted) out there. best of luck.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

I should be doing one tonight!!!
will check if i am still going

John
Old Jun 1st 2010, 10:21 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Could somebody please lend me their Ferrari to impress some visiting relatives, two weeks should be enough. Many thanks in anticipation.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RedRoar75
Sure, no probs. Would love to... but only if you promise not to laugh at my tattoo (sorry but lots of people think its hilarious that I have "MUG" written on my forehead)...

R U Crazy? Maybe you are... and maybe, just maybe, there's someone who's even nuttier (and kind hearted) out there. best of luck.

Oh great i love comedians, do another one, do one about how its near impossible to find a single internet forum devoid of mouthy twats, do one on that...

Thanks for your offer jonbouy unfortunately my internets extremely slow so i didnt see your reply in time i did however get a call from another member offering to take me as they were doing their run so im all stamped up but thanks nonetheless i guess there are kind hearted people out there redroar...
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

RedRoar75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh great i love comedians, do another one, do one about how its near impossible to find a single internet forum devoid of mouthy twats, do one on that...

Thanks for your offer jonbouy unfortunately my internets extremely slow so i didnt see your reply in time i did however get a call from another member offering to take me as they were doing their run so im all stamped up but thanks nonetheless i guess there are kind hearted people out there redroar...
Oh the irony.

As I said, best of luck, glad it worked out for you.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

Oh the irony.

Its not all that difficult is it, I waited at Hatta Fort Hotel and had a few beers whilst they popped over the border, will you be doing one next month?
The Customs Official advised the Visa was valid for 40 days!!!! 30 days + 10 day's grace, has anyone heard of this before?
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnbuoy
Its not all that difficult is it, I waited at Hatta Fort Hotel and had a few beers whilst they popped over the border, will you be doing one next month?
The Customs Official advised the Visa was valid for 40 days!!!! 30 days + 10 day's grace, has anyone heard of this before?
Yes, you always have a 10 day grace period.
You can also get your 1st entry visa extended at immigration for another 30 days without doing a visa run, you pay 500dhs for it. So you can actually stay for 80 days before you have to do a visa run.
30 day visa + 10 day grace period + 30 day extention + 10 day extention
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Yes, you always have a 10 day grace period.
You can also get your 1st entry visa extended at immigration for another 30 days without doing a visa run, you pay 500dhs for it. So you can actually stay for 80 days before you have to do a visa run.
30 day visa + 10 day grace period + 30 day extention + 10 day extention
Thanks Patsy,
but my fuel is free and the visa only cost Aed60 so the other Aed 440 can go on wine!!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnbuoy
Thanks Patsy,
but my fuel is free and the visa only cost Aed60 so the other Aed 440 can go on wine!!!!
Good idea sweetie :-)
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Oh the irony.

Thanks yeh its always a fairly straight forward in and out procedure jounboy and was interested to see that we passed the bus i was gonna go on at our first passport checkpoint and it was still there an hour later when we returned, thank god i didnt take the bus! and yeah i should be doing one next month also...
Old Aug 1st 2010, 6:35 am
Just Joined

DutchWolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm in the same situation you were in a month ago; was wondering if you need to do another one soon and if I can join. In return for you showing me the ropes I take care of transportation and refreshments!
Old Aug 1st 2010, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DutchWolf
Hi I'm in the same situation you were in a month ago; was wondering if you need to do another one soon and if I can join. In return for you showing me the ropes I take care of transportation and refreshments!
oh damn dude i would have definitely been down with that if only you had messaged me sooner i went a couple days ago but ill be doing one next month so ill come with u then mate, if u need to do one now i can give u a number of a chick who drives people there as a job but if u have transport basically u just cross the border, fill in a form pay them 60dhs and come back its really an easy process u shouldnt have any problems...

heres her number -(SNIP)

just tell her i gave u it but honestly if u have a car id advise just going there ureself its not a big deal ull be fine etc x

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Aug 1st 2010 at 2:00 pm. Reason: Not a good idea to put tel nos on a public forum
Old Aug 1st 2010, 9:20 am
Just Joined

DutchWolf is an unknown quantity at this point

ah thanks for the reply anyway. Like you said; maybe next month.
And thank you for the words of encouragement!
Old Aug 4th 2010, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Garry S is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Dubai to Oman visa Run

Hi Guys,

Just doing my first visa run and wondered if you can give advice ?

Ive sorted out a car from a friend who has gone back home for August. It seems that I need insurance for the car in Oman, of which this car doesnt have and i dont own it !

Do I need insurance ?
If I do, does anyone know if somebody is going between today and the 10th of August that i can hitch a lift from ?

If I dont does anyone want to hitch a lift with me.

Hope someone can help ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.