Dubai Metro Fares

Old Jun 23rd 2009, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Metro Fares

Originally Posted by shiva
all fair points but why, especially along ZSR does it go down to say 10ft off the ground then up again over a road and down again, why the hell not just have it at 30ft and be bloody done with it. Bangkok for example had plenty of existing structures when they built the sky train but it doesnt go up and down like tarts knickers.

oh and in all honesty can you say that they wont have "cost issues, maintenance issues and customer access issues" anyway
I don't know.
Maybe there's some future planning in the 10ft bits that require it to be low.
Def. cheaper to build them lower it is anyway so that's probably the main reason.

The boffins that design these things are real 'trainspotters' so i'm sure there's logical reasons for it all.

Bangkok - i've no idea but i'm guessing they have stations at much closer intervals....and it doesn't warrant the up and down malarky. Just a guess.

re: the issues...certainly will be....but the less the better.

Anyway - I really know nothing about it all so i'm going to stop sticking up for the stupid thing - i'll prob never set foot in it anyway.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 4:09 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
I don't know.
Maybe there's some future planning in the 10ft bits that require it to be low.
Def. cheaper to build them lower it is anyway so that's probably the main reason.

The boffins that design these things are real 'trainspotters' so i'm sure there's logical reasons for it all.

Bangkok - i've no idea but i'm guessing they have stations at much closer intervals....and it doesn't warrant the up and down malarky. Just a guess.

re: the issues...certainly will be....but the less the better.

Anyway - I really know nothing about it all so i'm going to stop sticking up for the stupid thing - i'll prob never set foot in it anyway.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shiva
all fair points but why, especially along ZSR does it go down to say 10ft off the ground then up again over a road and down again, why the hell not just have it at 30ft and be bloody done with it. Bangkok for example had plenty of existing structures when they built the sky train but it doesnt go up and down like tarts knickers.

oh and in all honesty can you say that they wont have "cost issues, maintenance issues and customer access issues" anyway
Its for the family photo as the the train goes by.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 7:29 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
couldnt agree more, can you really see a spoilt arab teenager listening to an indian stationmaster telling them to keep away from the edge..
Am sure there'll be a few fights on the metro but then again I can't see too many GCC Arabs using it because they will prefer to drive around in Landcruisers with tinted windows rather than mingle with all the horrible expats who keep their country running.

N.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:49 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

You can bet your bottom dollar that RTA will double or even treble the salik tolls to pay for the Metro subsidies.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klaus3974
Quite reasonables: Fares for Dubai Metro will range from a minimum of Dh1.80 to a maximum of Dh6.50 for a single journey.

I know a lot of people here cannot be bother with the metro but my job is very close to a metro station... so I will give it a try.
A monthly pass for the elderly is AED200...I'll definitely use it...
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Will the trains be tailgating if they are occupied by locals???
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:38 am
W10

Nice to see the level of casual racism remains constant at BE

Some of the rise and fall was to factor in future projects - Arabian Canal etc. And Jeeper explained the others (train goes uphill near station and downhill afterwards for efficiency purposes)

Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:40 am
W10

Originally Posted by Shadya
You can bet your bottom dollar that RTA will double or even treble the salik tolls to pay for the Metro subsidies.
Which is a fairly sensible tactic. Once the infrastructure is in place you encourage public transport use by making it more expensive to drive than take mass transit.

Old Jun 26th 2009, 5:48 am
Just Joined

linda.verde is an unknown quantity at this point

I can only see myself using it if I can park easily, so until I see the J. Ali car park I will reserve judgement!

Love the idea but the reality..............!
Old Jun 26th 2009, 10:28 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linda.verde
I can only see myself using it if I can park easily, so until I see the J. Ali car park I will reserve judgement!

Love the idea but the reality..............!

Love the username, welcome & don't let em take advantage of yr naivety